New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
EmmanuelMan

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by EmmanuelMan »

Hi,

I m Emmanuel, 44 ans, living in France and I found my first Mosin Nagant. A long dream!
EmmanuelMan

Post by EmmanuelMan »

I believe that I found the way of posting my photos
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice rifle. You should re-post your rifle in the Collectable Mosin Nagant Forum for all the members to see. Welcome to the board.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Waldothegreat1

Post by Waldothegreat1 »

I'm Harvey in Arizona. Just discovered Mosin's about two months ago. I got a FFL-03 so I could have them shipped directly to me. If you want to keep buying C&R eligible guns I suggest you get one. Just go to the ATF website. Cost $30 for three years. I got the license from the ATF in two weeks time. I bought a 1943 M91/30, a 1944 M44 carbine and tomorrow I should have my PU sniper. The two I have shoot well and I was surprised by hoe accurate they are.
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

New guy in Arizona. I'm a big fan of Russian guns AK's, Saiga"s, Vepr's and recently discovered Mosin's. Over the last several weeks I have acquired 2 and am waiting for my 3rd to arrive tomorrow. I suggest to all of you if you intend to buy more C&R guns to get a FFL-03 from the ATF. Simple process and cost $30 for three years. The gun is delivered right to your door. No FFL transfer fee and paperwork.
Waldothegreat1

Post by Waldothegreat1 »

Waldothegreat1 here. Named after the six foot iguana that runs around our house. Yes he is house broken. New to Mosin's and look forward to learning and contributing information
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Wow look at all these new folks! Welcome. It's a shame this post doesnt go newest first. I then we could see the new people when we open the thread. For you guys new to buying mosins, you are going to read about them costing 69 bucks not so long ago.....turns out its true!! They are catching up to everything else price-wise...I got in kinda just before the last inflated price jump. No worries. I'll have them for 20 years and most likely get my money back...
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Type99

Post by Type99 »

New member here, been collecting old military rifles for 19 years but my first mosin, a finned dragoon, came into my possession in the late 80s when i was 12 or so. While I have an eye for most old rifles I've focused mainly on japanese, hence the name. Looking foward to sharing with all you folks here!
Boyle484

Post by Boyle484 »

Hello, I am very happy to be part of this forum. I am new to Mosin Nagants having purchased one this past weekend. I am really pleased with it and hope to learn as much as I can from the knowledgable people on this board. Boyle484
Notyouratty

Post by Notyouratty »

Hey folks,

I've been collecting Yugo rifles of varying types for a few years now, but since they cared little for the Russians I'd never owned a Mosin. That all changed a couple of weeks ago when I became the proud owner of a lovely little Molot-export Izhevsk 91/30. I look forward to learning more about my new rifle!
macd

Post by macd »

Greetings:

My son and I are what I would call casual collectors of military surplus firearms. There is something about a weapon that has seen service which sets it apart including if its condition is evident of that service. We still appreciate a clean specimen over a parts gun but it isn't our first criteria. My reason for joining this forum is we have started obtaining Mosin's. I am posting our latest find in the Collectibles section.
GuinnessMike

Post by GuinnessMike »

Bought first Mosin 4 weeks ago and will hit the range tomorrow. I can't wait to read even more on these rifles here. 1891/30 1927 barrel date. Will give range report later
daswede

Post by daswede »

hello- i've been a long time lurker but finally decided to become a member. thank you for all of the great info posted in this forum!
poorpaddy

Post by poorpaddy »

Hello all. I'm a new Mosin owner and have learned a lot about it from this site and still have unanswered questions so I decided to join. Cheers!
Aktimes2

Post by Aktimes2 »

Hello, I have been an avid shooter since I first laied my hands on an Israel Mouser many years against. Unfortunately rechambered to 762x51. I am new to Mosin Nagant rifles. I reciently aquired a 1929 octogon rifle made in the Tula factory. Many hours of getting the cosmolene off every surface, nook and cranny. Today my no-go gage arrived in the mail after it pass on the head space, and a verification of the firing pin using the tool from the cleaning kit I headed to the range and spent 10 rounds down range. It shoot straight. I was pleased with its level of consistency keeping all hits on the target.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Hello from Ireland, looking to purchase my 2nd Mosin at the moment.
The Grand Pooh-Bah

Building My First Mosin

Post by The Grand Pooh-Bah »

I bought my first Mosin back when they were selling for $75. Just picked up a 91/30 and in the finishing stages of a complete make over.
NotASpamBot

Post by NotASpamBot »

Hi there! New member (of course haha). Just picked up my first Mosin a week or two ago (got it quite cheap, last one the store had in stock) , haven't had the chance to shoot it yet (though with luck today will be the day). Have done a bit of reading about them and I think it might be a 1942 Tula ex-sniper. But wow, so many different mosins! I can already tell this one will end up multiplying.... Anyway, I'll post pics of my rifle in a moment!
gopguy

Post by gopguy »

Just found this site today. Long time collector of East bloc arms, so I will enjoy this site.
Informal_Bizmuth

Post by Informal_Bizmuth »

Hello all,

Bought my first Mosin for $75 when I was 16, and as my first post had a few questions about it:

It's a Finnish capture 91/30 (markings on the receiver look exactly like http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0163.jpg ) with Finnish 'double-stack' blade front sight, pre-war Tula stock, round low-wall receiver, and a Finnish sling with hangers. The parts are mostly miss-matched -- in fact, I don't think there's a single matching serial number -- with some Izhevsk markings, and some pre-war (?) Tula 'hammer' markings.

The bore is still in great shape, and I'm assuming that it's a Finnish barrel, but the bolt (with most of the older parts) is a bit beat-up and pitted. Essentially, I'd like to learn more about this particular rifle: I've a general idea of its history, but I'm keen to learn as much as I can. Is this rifle a Tikka Frankenstein with a Finnish front sight, or could some of the parts other than the barrel have been manufactured by Finland? Is it likely a compilation of parts acquired through the Winter War, or could it have been sold to the Finns by the Germans?

As an aside, yesterday I found a 1943 Izhevsk Progress PU scope for $20, so I'd love some advice on what to put it on. Should I just go out and pick up a more generic ex-sniper?