amazed me 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
locomotiveguy

amazed me 91/30

Post by locomotiveguy »

Not to be left out on the refurbs i bought this Tula 1939 with a laminated stock and all the accessories for $228. Bore looked new and I wondered how it could survive WWII like such. It's an electric penciled match. The first time I shot it, at 25 yards I produced the included target on the second round. I know its a fluke but it still speaks volumes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redeuce

Re: amazed me 91/30

Post by redeuce »

I love laminates.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My first Soviet refurb was a 1938 Tula and it produced similar results, being it was me behind the trigger I know as good as it was printing on the paper it would shoot even better with good eyes. Not every rifle gets used, not every soldier is at the front, some soldiers know how to take proper care of their weapon.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Did you shoot with the bayonet on? I wonder your group would look like if you did.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It would move closer to point of aim as these were sighted in with bayonet mounted. The Elby sight tool was created to assist in adjusting the front sight for those of us who do not like having pointy things mounted on our rifles at the range, especially a public range.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

Shot this at home without the sticker. Something new to try. It would be nice to know it hits where its pointed. You can tell from the tool marks no one was in any hurry here.
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Good shooting and a really nice looking rifle.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've had two '39 Tulas, still have one of them....they were both the most consistent best groupers out of 16-18 91/30's I've had. A very good year?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"