New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
brian falcone

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by brian falcone »

new guy here . bough a beat up type 53 a few months ago...then two crates of surplus ammo. now ive bought a 1927 hex 91-30 and picking it up saturday. pretty addicting . look forward to reading the boards. thanks in advance ! brian
pelon5865

Post by pelon5865 »

Hello to all. Kinda new to Mosin Nagant collecting. But I am hooked. I have a 1941 Izhevsk round receiver 91/30. I plan on collecting more. . Looking forward to learning more about the Mosin Nagant and all its variants.
Foxey56

Post by Foxey56 »

Hi All,

Found this informative forum and had to join. Bought my first Mosin, a 91/30 in good condition exactly a year ago. It's a good shooter (a little high) but tight. Nice condition. Bought a M44 last month, haven't hit anything yet at 50 yds, trying bigger target next week... Saw a couple of M44 at a show this past weekend, barrels good stocks looked like they were pulled a mile behind a truck...had to pass.
swedelover+

Post by swedelover+ »

for the person looking for a bolt for a M96 try sarco they carry them
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hello! I found this site and thought I'd join up. I love older military rifles. Lots of info here. I have a 1938 Tula M91/30 and a T53 made in 1954.
I also have four trapdoors in 45/70 and one in 50/70, a German GEW 88 and a Mauser 98k. I'll try to post pictures later.

Bill
JM13

Post by JM13 »

Hello all! Thank you for having this long time firearms enthusiast aboard! Although I reside in a 2nd amendment unfriendly state, I do my best to continue enjoying my hobby, and most of all, right. Best wishes to all here! Thanks! :D
thughes

Post by thughes »

Greetings comrade from a fellow resident of the people's republic of Newyorkistan.
Didi11

Post by Didi11 »

Hello everybody,

I'm very happy to be registred in this forum, I'm Fred and I'm 45 years old, I'm living in south France in a very wonderfull area where the wine is king :D but not only, there also mountains, rivers and more.
I like firearms since I'm young but now I can buy and collect them, I'm a "young" member of the FFTIR ( Fédération Française de Tir) since 2014. I own a CZ452 22LR with optic and a Mosin Nagant 1926 octogonal (pics coming soon), I plan to buy a Sig Sauer Model 1911 cal. 22LR, it's economic to make the first step with guns, I think..after I would like to buy the same pistol that my old uncle own by the past: MAB Pistol 7.65mm.
What else..?
I'm glad to be with you here.
Sorry if my english has some faults.

Fred
It's better to own a gun without never need to use it that to have no gun and need one one day...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Welcome Didi11, welcome aboard. We have folks that live here that have poor English so fear not, you did just fine. We have members from all over the world. We would be interested to see your firearms. Also we would like to know the laws or problems you have in keeping firearms in France. I was of the understanding that France did not let the citizens there have Handguns, true or false?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Based on quick research, only certain types of handguns are restricted from civilian ownership in France. Apparently they do restrict the amount of ammunition that can be maintained for each handgun and limit the total number of firearms possessed by a civilian.
brassrat

Post by brassrat »

Greetings!

I have visited here many times in the past and decided to join in order to learn more about my new Finnish M39.

I bought my first M91/30 in the late 1980's, for $40.00. I purchased a few more through the 1990's but never really thought of myself as a Mosin Nagant "collector" until recently (past 10 or 15 years). I also quite enjoy shooting these rifles with my son in CMP vintage sniper and vintage military matches.

I guess the thing I like about them most is that there are so many variations used throughout the past 125 years of military service & storage. Since much of that time was spent behind the iron curtain not everything is known about these rifles. The "book" is still being written so to speak...as we are still discovering some of the details of their history as time goes on.

Every time you go to a forum like this you will find people discussing the historical use of these weapons and/or sharing wisdom or speculation about some of the more obscure or unknown markings.

I look forward to learning more from the folks on this site.
Didi11

Post by Didi11 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Welcome Didi11, welcome aboard. We have folks that live here that have poor English so fear not, you did just fine. We have members from all over the world. We would be interested to see your firearms. Also we would like to know the laws or problems you have in keeping firearms in France. I was of the understanding that France did not let the citizens there have Handguns, true or false?
Hello ! :wink:

FALSE ! French citizens can own their own firearms (guns, rifles, etc...), they need first to be a member of a shooting club and with just this licence they can buy all the rifles classed in the C category (hunting rifle, 22lr, mosin nagant and many other).
In France firearms are classed in 4 main categories:
A: war weapons: FORBIDDEN for all citizens
B1, B2a: hand guns, semi-automatic rifles with 21 munitions capacity and more (cityzens need a shooting licence club + autorisation from the French administration) , maximum munitions capacity allowed is 31
C: hunting rifles, 22lr rifles, rifles with manual load but not more that 10 muntitions capacity (ex:222 rem or 223 rem.)
D: FREE WEAPONS: collector weapon more than 100 years old and black powder (every cityzen can buy those weaponns and he just need to have his weapon registred to the French administration)

I hope this clear for you, I know that everything is a little bit complicated in France :?

Pics of my firearms cooming soon when I will understand how it works :roll:

Best regards to all from France
It's better to own a gun without never need to use it that to have no gun and need one one day...
Didi11

Post by Didi11 »

awalker1829 wrote:Based on quick research, only certain types of handguns are restricted from civilian ownership in France. Apparently they do restrict the amount of ammunition that can be maintained for each handgun and limit the total number of firearms possessed by a civilian.
TRUE!

Category C: you can own 2,3,10 or 20 rifles or more and ammunition are free for the quantity, as I told it, French cityzen just need to have a shooting licence club.

Category B1, B2a: 1000 ammunitions per firearms for 1 year from 1st january to 31 december, 12 firearms MAX allowed in this category.

Category D1: Free , just a registration to French administration

Category D2: FREE

If you want to learn French:

http://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur ... -explosifs
escobert

Post by escobert »

Hello! New to the site and I just ordered my first Mosin today. I went with a VKT M39. I can't wait to get it!
1942 VKT M39
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Thanks Didi11, This is why it is good to ask questions. It is interesting to know how other countries treat their firearms laws. Thanks.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
F Matthews

Post by F Matthews »

Glad I found this place. I've enjoyed shooting these rifles over the years-nice power and accuracy-and am looking to pick one up in the next month or two, so I'll likely have questions.
Curt

Post by Curt »

Thank for all the great information on Mosin Nagants. I've been collecting for a few years and it's exciting to see so much information available to further enhance my knowledge.

Thanks

Curt
Shane Busser

Post by Shane Busser »

Hi,
I'm new to milsurp collecting. I just bought my first 91/30, it is a 1936 Tula hex. I joined to learn more about it and other milsurps that I buy in the future.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Hi, just cleaned (admin edit) up a 1935 9130 Tula. Check the firing pin clearance OK and could not find my go / no gauge so a chambered a spent round to see if it would clear as a minimum. The bolt will close easily without the shell but will only close 25% with the shell in place. I swapped out the bolt for another 9130 bolt and same problem. Any ideas how to get the head space clearance right?
shooter99

Post by shooter99 »

First post here. I do not own a Mosin Nagant but want to purchase one. Are the Mosins that are sold by AIMS and other companies for around $300.00 including the accessories plus shipping costs a good price and are they decent weapons? Thanks!