cz 52

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
catcracker

cz 52

Post by catcracker »

I recently purchased a cz52. I don't really know much about them. But it was a really good price, so I took a chance. Everything looks good. Matching numbers, good condition, etc. However, when I research the internet, some say that the safety lever de-cocks the pistol. The information is very vague. Mine does not de-cock the hammer. I does prevent it from firing.
Can someone with some knowledge let me know the normal operation of this pistol.
I purchased this for $209. I may let it go, as I see many selling on gunbroker for much more.
Thanks.

Cat
thughes

Re: cz 52

Post by thughes »

See safety explanation beginning at 5:55:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8usivGdcBxU[/bbvideo]
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Just what I needed. I didn't know that the de-cocker lever had to be moved upward. Now I know I have a 'functioning" pistol. Yes I know, don't rely on the de-cocker. But the pistol seems to be correct. Mine does not have any refurb markings on it. So it may have skipped that process. It is not blued either.
Thanks again.
Cat
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I've been looking at a CZ52 locally for some time. If I hadn't been laid off from work 4 weeks ago it would be mine. 7.62x25 is such a great round, and it's sad that most people other than milsurp collectors don't know that. That and the CZ52 is a heck of a great engineered pistol.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

These are nice pistols. I have a couple. Get some ammo and try it out, it may grow on you. No dry firing for the sake of the firing pin. Looks like a nice one and 210 is a great deal.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I have one and it's a load of fun to shoot. The milsurp ammo is quite potent. I also found a 9mm barrel for mine and had it fitted to my gun. There is also a company that sells aftermarket parts for them. You can find them at http://www.harringtonproducts.com/ and they make good products. Here is a thread I made for mine: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25187&p=359277
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

The CZ52 is a great cold war milsurp pistol and a ton of fun to shoot. Comparing it with the Tokarev (I have a Polish TT33), the CZ52 is a little heavy and doesn't have great ergonomics. However, it is a unique design, shoots a powerful round, and you just can't help but like it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I was going to sell if for profit. But I think I will take it to the range tomorrow, and see what this is all about.
I keep buying good priced firearms, thinking I can do a quick flip for a profit. But I never end up selling anything. I just bought another Nagant revolver two weekends ago for 170 otd. Same story. I can flip this pretty easy. But the import mark is so small, and the revolver is in such good condition, I can't sell it.
This hobby is going to kill me.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I love my CZ52. I enjoy shooting it and I really like the 7.62x25 round. So I can't even comprehend thinking about selling it. Back when I bought it I found mine for 140.00! The good Ole days. :)Image
entropy

Post by entropy »

That's a good price, catcracker. I had one, liked it, but traded it to Rongo for a CZ82, as I really liked shooting his, and I was looking ahead to when CCW was leaglized here in WI. I did carry my CZ82 for a while, but sold it to buy a car. The CZ52 is not the best CCW gun, but it can be carried. White Horseradish carried one in a shoulder holster once. :wink:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have two, one in 7.62X25 and one in 9mm. Both are good shooters.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

Bunky, my CZ52 has a decocker safety but I don't use it. When I tested it with the pencil test when I decocted it it hoped the pencil back out the barrel so if had pit a round in the chamber she would have fired. this can be fixed but I don't want to spend the money on a mil surplus pistol. I have been trying to work up a reload for it but components are hard to find, not many 30 cal bullets available and the sur plus ammo is still pretty cheap.
Burrhead
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Have 1953 all matching. Mostly romanian mil surp, but yugo works although primers are harder. Sure can throw "brass". Can go through light kelvar. I think I saw that on youtube. Great shooter 7.62x25 hot round in range of .357
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't shoot mine too much, but mainly because I don't want to burn up my modest Supply of ammo. I wish I could afford a whole can of the surplus, but I think I might invest in reloading for it. 7.62x25 brass is available from Star.
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Aim has Privi in stock. Either JHP for around $17 and FMJ for $16.50. Not dirt cheap but not to bad.
Not magnetic and probably less corrosive.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey that is not too bad and would also be some reloadable brass if it could be found after shooting it.
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

This has to be one of the biggest pains there is to reload. Finding a cost affective bullet that will chamber properly and feed is the first problem. There is a 90 grain cast bullet available from Penn bullets but I am trying to cast a 78 grain one for it. I have yet to get reliable feeding with this bullet so I may take the plunge and but some. Also the jacketed selection is real limited.
Burrhead
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

7.62x25 is a fun round. I have a Serbian M57 I picked up a few years ago for under $200. Bought it because I read about cheap surplus ammo. Of course as soon as I did the surplus dried up.

I usually shoot Sellier and have no problems except it doesn't like hollow points. You can usually find it for .25/round which is about what the surplus sells for these days.

Yes it does go right through a Type 2 Vest. So does 5 and 7 but this is a much larger round. There is a video on YouTube where they shoot a Kevlar Helmet, .357 and .45 just dent the helmet, 7.62x25 goes right through it and out the other side.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk