Look what I found in my trunk!

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Burrhead

Look what I found in my trunk!

Post by Burrhead »

Went to the range to shoot a Remington Rolling Block I bought in December. I didn't do so hot so no targets I did that bad. When I got home this was in my trunk and the Boss was nice enough to let me keep it. It's a 1908 Brazilian Mauser in 7X57. Somebody refinished it but did't do a half bad job. Anyway the bore is real nice so for $265 I bought it. I have only the picture from the shop and I'll get the camera running and try and do some more if I can find the thing. So I need to order the stuff to load for it as if I need to load another caliber but what the heck it's a nice rifle.
Burrhead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fledge

Re: Look what I found in my trunk!

Post by Fledge »

Nice!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is really nice!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You sure it's refinished? Some of these were imported in unissued condition.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I wish I could find something like that in my trunk! :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

JYD it's possible I guess but that would mean I have again got very lucky. I'll know more when I take it out of the stock later in the week. But the stock sure looks sanded to me.
Burrhead
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

nice. You can make 7mm out of 30-06 brass if needed or even 270
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Extremely cool. Love these. Beautiful stock - refinished or not. PPU sells 7mm. I still have a box of surplus. Only about 1/2 of them go bang. :lol: I do snatch up 7mm surplus in better condition anytime I see them at the gun shows too.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Nice! Only think I ever found in my trunk was a whole chicken that I bought at the grocery store and it fell behind the spare tire.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice! I better check my trunk, who knows what's in there.
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

I found my camera and took a few pictures. From the couple of closeups I think you will agree that the stock has been refinished. The bore is really in excellent condition except at the muzzle but that is not bad al all. I have Mosins with a heck of a lot worse bores that shoot really good, so I think she will shoot. I have 20 brass from a buddy that bought a carbine and turned around and sold it. So I have enough to get started and I have some projectiles left over from my 7mm BR pistol I sold a few years ago. When the dies get here I'll be ready to give her a try.
Burrhead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evildog

Post by evildog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: