Herters G1 "Perfect Style"

Rim Fire Firearms
SKhiSm 59-66

Herters G1 "Perfect Style"

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

I don't know about Perfect Style, but they could have called it Nifty Stock easily enough. Picked this up a while back, it shoots well enough with the occasional jam where the spent shell gets in the way.

I couldn't find a whole lot of info about these but apparently it's the same action as a Stevens 87-series without the gills, the bolt holds open with the trigger and it sounds like a stamping machine in a factory. I think Herters had them made in Germany in a lot of different calibers and they were mainly sold in Canada and parts North.
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Herters G1 "Perfect Style"

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: I do have a Stevens that looks similar to that, but I forget the model.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

Nicest wood I've ever seen on a .22! :thumbsup:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I have a Stevens 87 D I think it is. Cool guns. Some people call them Click Clack guns due to the trigger set up you mentioned. I wish mine had a stock like yours.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Holy mackerel! That is one sweet rifle! :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have about 15 of the old "gillers", in various configuations. I have one with only a couple of gills. It is not a Savage/Springfield/Stevens, nor is it a a hardware version made by the three S's. It is a close copy, well built. The only marks we could find is K1520, I think it is. The magazine tube is bigger diameter, but it is a .22lr.

I got started with an old Savage 6AB and went over the deep end after that.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
slcampbell

Post by slcampbell »

The Herters G1 looks like the Remington 550-1 which looks like it's connected to the Savage- stevens gill rifles. The Armscore M20p and M1600 rifles looks like an updated magazine fed version of the Herters G1 and Rem.550-1. Does anyone know the years the Rem. 550-1 were manufactured?
Ukko pekka

Post by Ukko pekka »

Wow very nice. It reminds me of my Marlin 60 with a cooler look too it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk