My Romanian M44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Kdaye87

My Romanian M44

Post by Kdaye87 »

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my recent acquisition. Nohting too special about her, apart from she's my first.

King Johhny

Re: My Romanian M44

Post by King Johhny »

Very nice rifle! Have you shot her yet?
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Oct 1944 Springfield Armory M1 Garand
Czech post war K98k
Izawa Jyuko Series 9 Type 99
SMLE No.1 Mk.III 1918 "peddled scheme"
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

Not yet. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have some spare time to take her to the range. But the guy I bought it from says it shoots pretty well. And he's a good friend of mine so I'm inclined to believe him.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice rifle but the 2 in a circle makes your Romanian a Hungarian.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

Hmm...well the receiver is Romanian, I'm quite sure of that. It has the Romanian RPR in wreath crest and arrowhead in triangle factory mark. Also,it has a c in a diamond (4th picture) which I've been told is Romanian. Who knows maybe the stock was Hungarian. The Romanians were known to use parts from other countries.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Is it possible to get a clear picture of the barrel markings?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I saw the Romanian /C\ in diamond stamping in 4th picture up top... The 2 in circle stamp is interesting.

Cool Romy. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

I don't think the bolt is Romanian though. The markings don't match anything shown on 7.62x54.net.

redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Bolt appears mostly Hungarian, it could have bounced around in several Balkan States.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Virtually all of these were refurbished (made safe to shoot and greased down) in Cugir, Romania before being imported. You can find any combination of Hungarian, Romanian, Chinese and even Russian parts on them including stocks. I've even seen this with some of the Polish carbines. I have one Romanian with a stamped matching bolt... Not uncommon, you would say. The bolt is Hungarian though. Still haven't figured out how or why they did that??? Some times they EP's the bolts matching but most of the time they didn't really care and stuck any bolt in there that headspaced. But, they all work and many have exquisite bores. Congrats.
Kdaye87

Post by Kdaye87 »

I'll be going out to shoot her tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a range report :P