I home, it was tough

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SDH FINN

I home, it was tough

Post by SDH FINN »

Dolk, Hope you don't mid, but. I skipped the newbe post. I've Been MIA for awhile do to un-limited OT This is going to continue till about the end of the years, but, I miss you guys a lot. I hit a rough spot before OT and had to get rid of Many Mosins, but, hung onto all the FInns, MO's and X-Os and am starting the hunt again if the gun is right (Finn/and one I don't have). I've been building in my very little spare time and am putting the finish on a sleeper 1911 and a nasty little black gun. Also stocked up on a little ammo, did I mention I did a little re build on a FAl. When the 1911 is done I'll start with pics again. A couple of weeks ago I got kidnapped to the range and my son grabbed all the guns to be shot before I was kid-napped. They included but were not limited the 1943 Tikka. I was shooting a 9" by 11" four up target, Could hit shit! Nadda! #1 son grabbed it fire off about 15/20 rounds and said I needed bigger paper? He grouped a 2" hole @ 100 Yards, no flyers! 10" high and 10" hard right, Humm got a little sight adjustment ahead, any suggestion, I want to use it at the 300 yard range to shake up the snobs! Steve
Hlavinka

Re: I home, it was tough

Post by Hlavinka »

You made it!
I was happy to talk with you yesterday!

Mark
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Glad you made it back Steve!
:wave:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Steve,
Welcome to the new forums.

No, you don't have to post in the "new members section", we'll let you slide! ;)

We certainly missed you here and remember, when things get ruff, you can always come here and "get ways from things". I'm glade you hung on to those Finn's. I'd have to disown you if you didn't! :D

Post some photos that you may have laying around (even if you don't own them anymore), we are starting from scratch here and most everything from the old forum looks like it may be gone now for good.

It's good to see you here! We really mean it! ;)

Dolk
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Hello STeve, good to see you ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Glad you made it Steve. :toast:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Hey Steve, it's great to have our resident gunsmith back onboard.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Good to have you back SDH.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hi Steve, man I been looking for you all over. Sent a pm couple of times, even looked for you on Gunboards, and nothing. I thought you fell into witness protection or something. Glad to see that you found the new site. Take your time leaving, and hurry back. All the best, Russell
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hey Steve :clap: :clap: :clap: good to se you around, 1943 Tikka what? I just posted some pics of my 1943 Tikka M1891. It is also a good shooter, but I do not do my best ( and that's not very good) with 1891 sights. Kids got new eyes, wait until he hits 40 and then see how well he feels as your grandchildren shoot circles around him :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Hello Steve. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have a Tikka on the way. It's my first Tikka, and my first m1891 too. It's only my third Finn.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Glad to see your around :toast: :toast: :toast: