1924 ex dragoon

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

1924 ex dragoon

Post by racerguy00 »

I've always been drawn to 20's dated mosins since I began collecting. Recently a friend mentioned he had a 24 Izhevsk for sale and I was able to grab it. Normal refurb ex-dragoon, nice prewar stock and with the formerly-thought-to-be DDR /1\ refurb stamp.1914 Izhevsk receiver. Nice bore, overall a nice looking rifle. Thanks for looking.

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
djbuck1

Re: 1924 ex dragoon

Post by djbuck1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great score!
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

That's another interesting rifle. I guess the 2 stamp was missing so an upside down 3 was used. I wonder if Ivan was told to do this or did he got into trouble?

Recycled receivers always make me think about how and why the original rifle was damaged and pulled out of service.

Great rifle, shows refurbs can be more than a basic 1943 Izhevsk.
Kollaa kestää
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Really cool!!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Excellent. Another with both the hammer/sickle and bow and arrow.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

A lot going on with that one. Good pickup. :thumbsup: