Finn'ed 1907 Dragoon w/ bayo

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Finn'ed 1907 Dragoon w/ bayo

Post by Miller Tyme »

Picked this one up on line about a week ago, needed a Dragoon from the 1st decade of the 20th century and the fact it came with a bayonet made the deal just that much sweeter.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Finn'ed 1907 Dragoon w/ bayo

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Upon first look I thought it was a very nice addition. Then I rolled up on it and saw the [SA] stamp and realized it was a very, very nice addition.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Beautiful!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Nice Imperial-era Dragoon! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It always surprises me how some of these have remained so essentially intact.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Nice old well worn smooth by use Dragoon with Finnish property markings. With the date very hard to find and the Finnish markings almost assuring the rifle had been taken good care. They just valued and seemed to take care of these older rifles more. Finding one back in that time zone in any shape without Finnish markings is where I find almost nothing there or what I do find in such poor condition it is not worth seeking. Then I have one I found that looked like a fugitive from a scrap pile with no hand guard and a barely serviceable tractor belt sling that was hard as a rock. I worked on it and it is hands down a great shooter.

I know you will shoot this old baby right? You might be missing out on the heart of the gem if you don't at least try her a couple of times. I just love the way the old bores come alive when you take them to the range for a bit! Congrats on a great gun even without shooting at this point! Of course Thanks for sharing with us too. Bill :D
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:

Excellent score :thumbsup: A classic :thumbsup: I hear the showcase will be calling for this one :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Like the look of this one. Congrats! :vcool:
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Very nice. A front of the safe rifle for sure
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Thanks everyone, now to find an 1890's Dragoon with a type 1 handguard. :bonk:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Miller Tyme wrote:Thanks everyone, now to find an 1890's Dragoon with a type 1 handguard. :bonk:
I'm guessing there wasn't one at the OGCA. I won't bother looking for one tomorrow.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Miller Tyme wrote:Thanks everyone, now to find an 1890's Dragoon with a type 1 handguard. :bonk:
I'm guessing there wasn't one at the OGCA. I won't bother looking for one tomorrow.
No there wasn't one Chuck, however your favorite Finn seller does have a B Barrel M91 with a round receiver and a step barrel M24. There was a nice Finn captured SVT40 and some silly priced Type 53 (undocumented) bring back.

Me , I unloaded a dup M38 and a Mini 14, but picked up PU that I am trying to build a consensus opinion on. :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I talked to him last week. He had those m91's at the last show but I opted for a 1933 M27 ski/bicycle trooper instead. I'll check the M91's I have and see if I need those.