what a putz!! Or, Saturday range day..........

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

what a putz!! Or, Saturday range day..........

Post by jimpierce7 »

I took pictures as always. I high lighted the photos. Hit frickin' delete instead of moving them off the phone to mu photos. I guess there really is a first time for everything? GAH!!

It was a really nice morning, even though I had to leave my AR500 target behind. I didn't hit a bolt this time but it seems the force of impact forced a nut back on a bolt. There wasn't a wrench big enough available, nor did I have my bolt cutters. No more nuts and bolts. I'll hold them on with wire and just keep replacing it lol. Another guy had the same issue with 3/4" carriage bolts. lol

I did how ever beat the hell out of the targets and I had a blast. Went with my '40 and '42 VKT M91s and they performed flawlessly. As did my M39 and M44.

I'm even getting better with my XD 9mm. I was a bit wild at first but doing pretty good by the time I left. At 10 yards.

I feel kind of weird that my groups at 100 yards with a rifle, are so much better than my groups at 10 yards with the pistol!! lol
Steve The Pirate

Re: what a putz!! Or, Saturday range day..........

Post by Steve The Pirate »

Sounds like it was a fun time . Sorry you couldn't post pics . I'm guessing everything was in the ten ring. :biggrin:
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
entropy

Post by entropy »

No pics? :o

Never happened. :shifty:

Glad you got out and put rounds downrange, Jim! :D
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Who needs pictures? You still had fun. Are you shooting up in the Palo Alto Hills range?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Who needs pictures? You still had fun. Are you shooting up in the Palo Alto Hills range?

No I'm down south of San Jose at Field Sports park. I'm going to have to look into the one in Palo Alto though. I t may be closer!
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Let's see it!! Also, what's up with prices on surplus ammo lately?
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Fire the damn weapons. Shoot! :furious: What else can you don on a Saturday for $20-30 bucks. If your ever gonna have to use one of these for what they were made for, and ya might, ya gotta practice. These are not AR's, they require learning old methods. :2cents: SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I was going to go back out again today, but being an old softy like I am, when that baby squirrel ran up my leg and did the cute thing............ I wasn't able to find mom or get him to run up a tree. So off to the rescue with him so he can grow up a little more and learn to be scared of humans. lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
entropy

Post by entropy »

you're just a jackpine pirate, Jim! And an old softy....
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The yard cats would have had that in about half a second or less.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The Coyotes have eat all the yard cats round here, keeps me from wasting good .22 ammo on the flea infested varmits..... :roll: If PETA reads this, I might get some company way out here. Hope its a woman.....SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Normally this guy would have been hawk food I figure. For some reason he kept turning to humans for help. And humans being the sissy la la's that they are all screamed like little girls and did hot sand dance when he would run to them. lol Although I did have a moment of concern as he ran up my leg. He was not having my nuts!!