Dan Wesson

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
+dhic

Dan Wesson

Post by +dhic »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Found me an 8in. barrel for our Dan Wesson 357. Mam-Maw and I installed it after supper. The barrel has one small
blemish, it's about 1/8 in. dia. I can live with that, looks better than the sellers pics. Here are some pics with the 4 & 8in.
+dhic aka Cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dan Wesson

Post by millman »

Sweet!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

Nice.

I have a High Standard Sentinel MkIII. It's a .357 magnum made by Dan Wesson for Sears (I believe) in the the early years. I've been looking for a 6" barrel but it has the "pork chop" design so they are harder to find. After looking around the Dan Wesson forums, I did finally find an adapter to use the newer barrel shrouds that might make converting my style easier. CZ-USA picked up the Wesson line and have started supplying barrels and shrouds.

How difficult is it to swap the barrel and shroud back and forth? I've debated between 6 and 8 inch barrels since they cost about the same.

Here's mine. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23192&p=336741&hil ... el#p336741
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Very nice DWs. The barrel change only takes a few minutes, simple enough to take an extra and change it out on the bench.
Mam-Maw tried to talk a g-shop owner out of a unfired pistol pac, she went up to $900 and he smiled and shook his head.+dhic aka cliff