I'm back and in the market for a M91

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Themosinkid95

I'm back and in the market for a M91

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Hey guys! I'm looking for the best place to find a M91 to add to my collection, I'd prefer not to use an auction site if at all possible. And it doesn't matter to me if its Finnish capture or not. Any ideas?
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
BubbaDX

Re: I'm back and in the market for a M91

Post by BubbaDX »

Themosinkid95 wrote:Hey guys! I'm looking for the best place to find a M91 to add to my collection, I'd prefer not to use an auction site if at all possible. And it doesn't matter to me if its Finnish capture or not. Any ideas?
I think there were a couple for sale here on the forum recently

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

For no reason that I understand, the average price of M91s on GB seems to be a bit lower than usual right now . . . depending upon what you are looking for, of course.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You wouldn't be asking if you hadn't already checked every local source of guns around you, that limits you to online buying, or traveling to gun shows in the hope of turning one up. Have you checked with Liberty tree?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Online always has the potential for problems but I have bought over 20 M91s online and never had a problem. I would have less than 5 otherwise so it has been worth the risk to me.
gurn

Post by gurn »

I would say look for one at his :pointup: house.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Trust me, I've searched every shop and gun show within a 50 mile radius and keep coming up empty. Hell, just finding 54r is getting rough around these parts haha.
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey mosinkid, good to see you still coming around, and a M91 is a very good rifle to be hunting after. I have 3 of them and lucked into all of them at good prices. Keep your cash ready and don't let up till you seek one out. My best advice would be not to waste your time or money on any refinished Bubba guns, they are not worth it.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Liberty Tree Collectors had 2 of them last evening....... :bwink:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Miller Tyme wrote:Liberty Tree Collectors had 2 of them last evening....... :bwink:
One of them is gone now... Are we going to see something NEW in your collection Miller? I had been eyeing that NEW for the last month and was going to buy it but an m38 wound up stealing my money from me first.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Lotema wrote:
Miller Tyme wrote:Liberty Tree Collectors had 2 of them last evening....... :bwink:
One of them is gone now... Are we going to see something NEW in your collection Miller? I had been eyeing that NEW for the last month and was going to buy it but an m38 wound up stealing my money from me first.

I'm going to take the 5th ( and drink it up :thumbsup: ) on that questioning, but it is a very early production N.E.W. with the curved logo ( which I don't have) and it does have that SCW thing going for it. :bwink:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Miller Tyme wrote:
Lotema wrote:

I'm going to take the 5th ( and drink it up :thumbsup: ) on that questioning, but it is a very early production N.E.W. with the curved logo ( which I don't have) and it does have that SCW thing going for it. :bwink:
Yup, it was the earliest NEW that I had seen and I thought it a likely SCW candidate as well. I really struggled choosing between the m38 and that rifle. I need some more reloading supplies right now so getting the m38 left a lot of extra room in the quarterly budget for that. Glad that the NEW is going to a good home. Can't wait to see your photo shoot and write up on that one.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach