New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
grump69

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by grump69 »

Hi ALL. I'm a newbie and just received my first Mosin and stumbled across this forum.
Hotel 6

Post by Hotel 6 »

I am glad to be able to join the forum. I plan on doing some research for a friend on a 1960 Mosin-Nagant that made its way here from Asia some time ago.
Proud_Texan15

Post by Proud_Texan15 »

Hello Y'all! Got my first Mosin from my father as he got it at Cabelas in 2013 and just recently started using it for hunting and for my disaster-prepper collection. I dont know what else to say :P
kcoop9999

Post by kcoop9999 »

Hello from the mid-west! After many years of collecting I found this forum while trying to rebuild my bookmarks. I broke down and bought a new computer and have been unsuccessful at transfering some of my data, so I'm starting over. I have had many nice Mosins over the years but the pick of my litter is a 1916 Remington Armory with an import stamp. I don't know if it was a Polar Bear rifle or was sent before the cancellations, as soon as I can figure out how to open my registry list I will post a ser# . I don't understand the NEED for MS to fix what wasn't broken and supposedly improve what already works!!!!!! If you don't have Windows 10, don't waste the money....buy ammo instead!! I should have!!!
Ricky V 1971

New to the group and just starting my Mosin Nagant collectio

Post by Ricky V 1971 »

Hi everyone. I was told about this forum from two of my friends who live up north and are members here. I moved down to Texas a couple of years ago and purchased my first Mosin Nagant from Classic Firearms. My buddies got me interested in Mosin's so I picked up a 1943 M44 in great condition. I signed up for their email alert when they will be back in stock. Hopefully they will get more in since the stupid import ban has made it really hard to find M44's in good condition. I am a lefty and only 5' 6" so the M44 is a perfect size rifle for me. I am a gunsmith but not doing much these days since I am recovering from back surgery. I am hoping to be able to make it out hunting this season with my Mosin Nagant for deer and wild hogs. I have only done one modification to my rifle and that can be reversed. I made an adjustable front sight pin with a set screw. Most of the shots I will be taking where I hunt are 100 yards and under. I live in South East Texas where there's a lot of trees and brush and we hunt from box blinds. Rule number one when hunting from a box blind is when you shoot, you keep the barrel out the window so you don't go deaf lol. My buddy took his son in-law hunting once and he took a shot at a deer with the rifle inside the box blind. He couldn't get the ringing out of his ears for the rest of the day lol. I joined this group to learn more about Mosin Nagant rifles because I would like to purchase more in the near future. I like keeping my older firearms in their original form and am currently using silver tip fmj that I bought from Classic Firearms for the range and have Sellier & Bellot 180 grain soft points for hunting. I really hope I can get out this year to hunt with my Mosin. There are a ton of hogs and some big deer where I hunt. Hope to learn more from all of you and contribute to the group with anything I can help out with in return. Have a great night everyone.

Thanks,

Ricky V.
Bambuccio

Post by Bambuccio »

Hi everybody from Italy! I'm going to buy my first Mosin soon and I really need some advices, Have a nice day folks!
scott

Post by scott »

Hello all, newbie here, my dad got a Mosin and need some info on, so thanks in advance
Atth2o

Post by Atth2o »

Hi new member here,

I have a M44. The bolt will cycle and the gun will shoot. BUT when the bolt us closed it does not lock in, empty or with a round in . The bolt doesnt "lock down" i guess you would say . I can pull the bolt off the gun and twist it into the "cocked" mode and it sna ps into place, but when it is in the gun it doesnt engage all the way. Great sight !! Thanks in advance
cyberjad

Post by cyberjad »

Hi! I am new here and probably should have came a long time ago. The last year or so I have really started focusing on collecting towards Mosins. My PU's tend to get the most use and my M39s might get the most love. About 6 months ago I fell into a Mosin collection. Bought it cheap and really started appreciating them - now the seem to have reproduced like rabbits! Looking forward to learning and contributing here :)
MarieB

Post by MarieB »

Hi guys, I inherited a gun from my dad. It has a bayonet on it. I think it is a Mosin Nagant, but can't really find any info on it. The part numbers on it are 19441 4x1661 M4224. It has the ornate circle with the symbol that looks like an 'R', which I believe is the hammer and sickle? Any idea what I have and the value of it? Any help you can give me would be appreciated! Thanks.
(Sorry I don't know the first thing about guns. My dad was a hunter and a collector and a WWII vet, but I inherited NONE of his knowledge. Don't even know the names of the gun parts other than the stock and barrel)
jprice

Post by jprice »

Just joined after being gone for a long time. Glad to be back
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jprice wrote:Just joined after being gone for a long time. Glad to be back
Marines or the joint? Anyway, good to have you back :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Finn27

Post by Finn27 »

New to forum but been collecting for awhile , just picked up a cherry M-27 thanks for letting me attend.
mrbig381

Post by mrbig381 »

Hey everyone, finally decided to join the gang here. Been collecting Mosins since the eighty's.
Hopefully I'll have something to contribute and continue to enjoy these fine Rifles.
Thanks for having me...mrbig
aussimmo2015

Post by aussimmo2015 »

G'day everyone

I stumbled over this forum researching 7.62x54r ammo availability in Australia, I'm about to purchase a Finnish 1941 M39, and have been getting more interested in these remarkable rifles (Mosins) the more I read. I'm keen to start hand loading for the rifle I am planning to buy and will hopefully find some advice for that on this forum and start a few conversations along the way. To be honest this will probably be the beginning of an expensive and rewarding hobby :D

Cheers
aussimmo2015

Post by aussimmo2015 »

Hey all

thanks for letting me join. I stumbled across this forum looking for info on availability of 7.62x54r ammo in Australia. I'm about to buy a Finnish M39 (have been set on getting one after reading about them) and this forum looks like a great place to learn more about my new rifle and getting the most out of it.
Cheers
AR-Black

Post by AR-Black »

HI, digging around on the internet for info on the rifles and found this good site. I have a few of the Mosin-Nagant rifles bought with my C&R. Nothing like getting rifles on your porch!
jwaller5

Post by jwaller5 »

Hello, I am JW. I have two mosin nagants. I picked up a "Peter the great" rifle today and want to find out more about it. I think I got a decent deal. It also has "SA" mark, so Finnish use I guess?
MarieB

Post by MarieB »

Hi guys, I posted a few days ago about this gun I inherited from my father, a WWII vet, collector, and hunter.
I am posting pics for you to see. The markings state 4x1661 , 19441, and M4224. The gun looks to be in really good condition, and has bayonet with it. Can you please tell me what kind I have and an approximate value?
Please go to http://bridgeforthdesignstudio.com/iidentify to see the pics.
Thanks for your help!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

MarieB wrote:Hi guys, I posted a few days ago about this gun I inherited from my father, a WWII vet, collector, and hunter.
I am posting pics for you to see. The markings state 4x1661 , 19441, and M4224. The gun looks to be in really good condition, and has bayonet with it. Can you please tell me what kind I have and an approximate value?
Please go to http://bridgeforthdesignstudio.com/iidentify to see the pics.
Thanks for your help!
That is a 1944 M44 made at the Izhevsk arsenal. Price is approx $250+
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis