Poor poor baby With UPDATE. New photos.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Poor poor baby

Post by Longcolt44 »

Careful Fin, last time I was there there was a bullet hole in the couch I slept on.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Perhaps.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
finloq

Post by finloq »

Longcolt44 wrote:Careful Fin, last time I was there there was a bullet hole in the couch I slept on.
At least you didn't get handcuffed to the cistern. Come to think of it, is that rust or blood?

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

finloq wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:Careful Fin, last time I was there there was a bullet hole in the couch I slept on.
At least you didn't get handcuffed to the cistern. Come to think of it, is that rust or blood?

Hard to say.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
finloq

Post by finloq »

"The blood of 100 sacrifices must be given at Millman's cistern before the coming of the 5th age of man."

Or so I have read in the Holy Tome.

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:lol:

C. S. Lewis
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

I LOVE that gun looking just the way it does. Thats excellent.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I say let millman give it a go.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

What, rebluing the Ruger, or ushering in the 5th age of Man? :wink:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

entropy wrote:What, rebluing the Ruger, or ushering in the 5th age of Man? :wink:
We decided to reblue. I have been shooting it, but it is about to be disassembled and prepped.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Update. After way too long, this pistol is on the verge of being finished. It just needs it's new springs, and reassembly. Thanks for being patient Chuck. I think you will be pleased.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Poor poor baby With UPDATE. New photos.

Post by Longcolt44 »

Happy? Very happy. Happy, happy, happy!! Now my other firearms will no longer make it sit by itself at lunch. Thanks Erik you did an outstanding job on this poor baby.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

Nice work, Millman. Let me know when you graduate from Magician to Wizard:

ImageImageImage

etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

That is a perfect truck gun millman and a nice job on the finish, I have been looking for a new truck gun also, my last one was swept up in a deal, hard to find them working good with ruined finishes.
I'm thinking about a little cold blue on this one.
229779_116171188479447_6475887_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
entropy

Post by entropy »

Where'd you find that, the bottom of Lake Havasu? :lol:

finloq; The pitting on that Smith makes it a good candidate for Cerakote or Duracoat. (Cerakote would cover/fill the pits better.) What caliber is that?; looks like it could be a .32-20.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Nice job Millman!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Fin, that S&W looks to be beyond my skill level. I'll let you know when I hit Wizard status. ET, that one is beyond Wizard level. Actually LC's pistol wasn't hard. Just disassemble, sandblast the parts to refinish, and send it out with a batch of machine parts going to the black oxide place. K&I Hardchrome in New Albany IN is the place we send our stuff to. They do nice work.
The new springs are in the pistol now, so it is just a matter of putting it all back together. I am gonna have to watch the how to video, as I can't seem to remember, how all of the internals fit together.

C. S. Lewis
finloq

Post by finloq »

32-20, 1921

etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

entropy wrote:Where'd you find that, the bottom of Lake Havasu? :lol:

finloq; The pitting on that Smith makes it a good candidate for Cerakote or Duracoat. (Cerakote would cover/fill the pits better.) What caliber is that?; looks like it could be a .32-20.
Found it 20 years ago on top of the boiler of a historic house I was helping clean out in before the house was moved for the 125 freeway in lemon Grove California. The house was on top of a hill, originally there was a basement with a garage and utility rooms, none of that moved, only the original house, this is where I found it more or less, in the orginal boiler room before the house was moved to a park.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933