Anyone know where to get the p/u mount

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
thorsbeans

Anyone know where to get the p/u mount

Post by thorsbeans »

I need the p/u scope mount that screws into the receiver. I cannot seem to find where to get just this one piece.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Anyone know where to get the p/u mount

Post by Darryl »

thorsbeans wrote:I need the p/u scope mount that screws into the receiver.
Why?
thorsbeans

Post by thorsbeans »

Because the elevation set screw holes in mine are bad. So I need just the mount.
OLd_Sarg

Post by OLd_Sarg »

OP
I will assume the rifle you have is a sniper and is already drilled and tapped correct???
If so there are members here that may have some original parts or know of persons that do; good luck with your search.
also there are reproductions being made of varying quality just to get the firearm out to shoot.

if your modifying one your in the wrong place, (and please check out what you have and reconsider).
There are PU snipers on the market and I would encourage you to get one and not modify one to get a fake sniper.
Ask questions, take pictures before you buy and you can end up with a wonderful piece of history you can shoot and enjoy for your lifetime.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Each one of those base mounts has the possibility of having holes slightly off from the one you currently have. This could add to the possibility of a fit being proper. I have retapped the adjustment holes on one for a buddy and saved the base maybe you could find a gunsmith in your area to do the same thing. I center drilled the destroyed screws and removed what was left with a small easy out I found at a hardware store and then found a screw to fit the threads I tapped. Cut the head off the screw and slotted the remainder so it works and looks just like the original. There is very little metal left in those posts that I rethreaded but it seems to have worked fine for him after the original sighting in. I mean once you set it you won't be messing with it again unless you are asking for a failure. Good Luck! Bill