Ohio Gun Collectors Assn meeting

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio Gun Collectors Assn meeting

Post by Longcolt44 »

Anybody besides me going this weekend. I will be there Sunday. I'll be the old guy in the Milford Gun Shop t-shirt looking lost. I had planned to pick up an M27 ski/bicycle rifle but my Finn connection is having surgery and can't make it. I guess I will just have to happy with finding something I don't know I have to have.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: Ohio Gun Collectors Assn meeting

Post by Miller Tyme »

I am going Saturday with 2 other guys of the AK Forum, river is hi and full of crap so I guess it's gun buying season, at least it is till next weekend. :wink:
Last edited by Miller Tyme on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, 9 out of the ten voices in my head are telling me to stay home and clean my guns this weekend :biggrin:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Anybody besides me going this weekend. I will be there Sunday. I'll be the old guy in the Milford Gun Shop t-shirt looking lost. I had planned to pick up an M27 ski/bicycle rifle but my Finn connection is having surgery and can't make it. I guess I will just have to happy with finding something I don't know I have to have.
With a little luck you can get it from the widow at a bargain.... :devil2:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I gave up my membership in that dog and pony show years ago and I don't miss it a bit. Many people do like that show but it has never been real good to me or gave me any real buys. Then there is the long endless ride and it was not hard to eliminate it from my list. Good Luck! Is your source of Finn stuff seriously sick or was it elective? Give him my best! Bill :D
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I will try to make it. But it's 50/50.
There are not too many bargin prices there. But there is a pretty good selection. And always interesting to me.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

zeebill wrote:I gave up my membership in that dog and pony show years ago and I don't miss it a bit. Many people do like that show but it has never been real good to me or gave me any real buys. Then there is the long endless ride and it was not hard to eliminate it from my list. Good Luck! Is your source of Finn stuff seriously sick or was it elective? Give him my best! Bill :D
Bob twisted wrong getting out of the shower and popped two discs out in his upper back. He is not looking forward to the surgery or the rehab.
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Geez, Chuck!! Is he a retired contortionist or just unlucky?
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The bathroom is the most dangerous room in the house, just ask Elvis. Hope Bob feels better soon, if I ever have a day without back pain it will be the first in many years.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Oh My! Tell Bob I will be thinking of him when I go to my rehab session tomorrow. I just keep thinking things like only one more knee to go or they say the second one is easier? I can truthfully say the experience has been the first thing that has even kept my thoughts off Milsurps and my body out of the shop. Just a good nights sleep without waking up causing pain from moving the wrong way or another pill that will screw my sleeping up worse then it already is are mainly what I center on these days. But I guess there is light at the end of any tunnel? Right? Yeah sure! Bill :wink:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

He went to Florida to take care of his mother. She fell and broke her hip a month or so back. I think of that, old people break hips...I'll be 71 this year. I'm hoping that 70 is the new 50. :roll:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well, that is four hours I will never get back. I saw more Enfields than Mosins and like the Enfields they were all way overpriced and being sold by sellers that had no idea what they were. I didn't even buy a cup of coffee.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Longcolt44 wrote:Well, that is four hours I will never get back. I saw more Enfields than Mosins and like the Enfields they were all way overpriced and being sold by sellers that had no idea what they were. I didn't even buy a cup of coffee.
Went Saturday and meet a couple of forum buddies, one bought a S&W trooper model 357, the other a Colt A2 upper, me, well I sold a pristine 55/56 Tula SKS in a laminated stock bought couldn't find any Mosin's that tripped my trigger save one, and it was $2,300.00, about $1,800/$1900.00 over priced.

I bought a copy of the book "Allied Contract Rifles" instead.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I like to get paid that sort of money for things I sell but I will be dipped in shit before I pay them out myself for anything.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I like to get paid that sort of money for things I sell but I will be dipped in shit before I pay them out myself for anything.

Dog admit it you and me and people like us are antiques and throwbacks to the old market and prices. We saw the best and by the look of it we are going to see all downhill from now on! :bigrant: Bill
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

zeebill wrote:I gave up my membership in that dog and pony show years ago and I don't miss it a bit. Many people do like that show but it has never been real good to me or gave me any real buys. Then there is the long endless ride and it was not hard to eliminate it from my list. Good Luck! Is your source of Finn stuff seriously sick or was it elective? Give him my best! Bill :D
I let my membership lapse whey they were forced out of Columbus a few decades ago. Until then I enjoyed setting up a small table and watching what went by.