Opinions on the Polish P64

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Adam_9130

Opinions on the Polish P64

Post by Adam_9130 »

Hey everyone, just looking for your thoughts on the Polish P64. I've noticed a pretty good price on Classic.
RazorBurn

Re: Opinions on the Polish P64

Post by RazorBurn »

I've thought about ordering one, but I keep stumbling across things locally that I want more. One of these days hopefully I'll pick one up. There have been several recent reviews of them in this forum.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I have to admit, I got rid of mine. I did not like the trigger, sights and overall ergonomics of the little pistol. I had trouble with magazines and chronic feeding problems. Accuracy was only average. I much prefer my Russian commercial Makarov (IJ-70) and CZ82 surplus in this caliber. The CZ82 is my go to favorite as a shooter. I liked it so much I bought a CZ83 in .380 ACP (also surplus).
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

The double action trigger sucks unless you get a spring set from Wolf Springs, my P64 for it's size is quite accurate and has been very reliable with factory and hand loads. I've thought about buying another.
Burrhead
rakysk

Post by rakysk »

Adam_9130 wrote:Hey everyone, just looking for your thoughts on the Polish P64. I've noticed a pretty good price on Classic.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore. ... sed-pistol

free shipping, 2 mags, holster
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

+1 on the CZ-82! I've never fired a Makarov pistol but that 9x18 is a dream to shoot out of the CZ.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

If you want a P64 check out this guy on gunbroker, he sells them all the time. If you see one of his you like but don't like the price, if you sit and wait he may lower the price. Of course someone else may also buy it before you get a chance. You might also consider one of his $179 ones that have wear on them. I just bought a nice one from him for $209 shipped.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=1724972

That sportsmans store above doesn't accept C&Rs.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Received one from AIM Grade 1 and another from Classic Grade 2.
Changed out hammer and recoil springs on both with Wolff, which made a difference.
Then proceeded to order additional magazines so I now have a total of 12.
Except for the mag release these are sweet little pistols and allot less than what I gave for my PPKS which the P64 looks like a clone of.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Rakysk, that is a smoking deal. I just might need another one. Free shipping plus more accessories = heck yeah.
Adam_9130

Post by Adam_9130 »

Thanks everyone!
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I like mine. Bought it from AIM for a good price. A little snappy but not bad. I put a Hogue sleeve on it which helps. Accuracy is very good and so far good function.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
finloq

Post by finloq »

As has been stated, with a spring swap out, nice little concealed carry pieces. I haven't caught myself putting more than 40 rounds through mine at the range each trip as it has a bit of a sting, but I have not hesitated to use it as my primary carry. Good accuracy in a little pistol and the slightly better stopping power of the 9X18.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

It's on my list... Just not at the top. Maybe one day soon I'll get one.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I'm loving mine, and carrying in the Alien 2 IWB hosler, w/ a old cell holder for 2 extra mags. :mrgreen:
rakysk

Post by rakysk »

I think only few for sale
No shipping fee

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... &groupid=3
ol scratch

Post by ol scratch »

I really like my P64. It has one of the worst double action triggers I have ever experienced, however. The little pistol is built like a tank with a chrome-lined barrel and chamber. I got one with the holster and extra mag. Accurate enough at 25 yards and a very compact little shooter. For the price and even a bit more they are a bargain in my humble opinion.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I have become such a fan of the 9X18mm cartridge that I just purchased a Russian IJ70-18A, and then ordered 3 extra mags since it only came with one.

These pistols particularly the P-64 are outstanding for summer carry w/ IWB holsters or if you prefer an ankle holster, but if you wear shorts that option is definately out.

With the new loads these are very effective for self defense. :bwink:

Remember that most unfavorable close encounters occur within 15 feet. :vcool:

For Winter carry Sig or Colt 9mm to .45 cal. to allow for felons clothing issues. ;mywink;