Range day with the M95

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Range day with the M95

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not bad :) Head under the bench :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Not bad :) Head under the bench :lol:
+1

I still have to get one of those. 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Hey, if that is how you shoot with your head under the bench, try it with it above! :lol:

That place looks familiar! ;)

Dolk
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Damn, 4 10's (one X) and 1 8. I hope you never start shooting at ME! :D
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Great pic an nice group! How did your bolt cycle? I remember mine was very rough until several cleanings later. The M95 really is a cool little rifle to shoot. I've still got some surplus ammo hoarded away for a raining day.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

These are cool looking little carbines. I have a story about the ammo. When I ordered my first Mosin a few years ago, I also ordered a 300 round can of Hungarian 7.62x54R ammo. They mistakenly sent me a can of 250 8x56r. I really wish I had just kept it now, but I wanted to do the right thing, and I also wanted my Mosin ammo. I didn't realize then the value of the 8x56r! So they sent a UPS pickup to get the ammo, then waited till they received it back to even process another shipment to send me my can of 7.62x54r. Total time without any ammo from J&G was 1 month. They didn't even say thank you. I really wish I had kept that ammo. I took out a round of Winchester fmj and a round of S&B sp that I had and placed one of the surplus 56r rounds in the middle and snapped a pic to send to J&G. I really went to too much trouble to get them back their ammo. I really should have kept that ammo!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

8-) 8-) 8-) Love my M95 real fun to shoot. Looks like yours shoots better
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
target

Post by target »

That's some good shooting, those little carbines are a blast and I love mine but WOW do they have a punch to em. I need to get some ammo for mine, cause they are fun to shoot!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Reloafing gear? Did I hear you mention new gear? You should tell us about your reloading. I wish our reloading section could gather a little steam. I need to start posting more there.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I just got my J&G Sales paper and they are selling these from either Austria generally or Budapest specifically. Do any of you guys know anything about these ? Im kind of interested as I like straight pulls.

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

If you have some extra money and want a good laugh (actually several) you have to buy one of these. It is always fun to hand to someone who thinks they are a gun expert and then just sit back and watch them try to get the bolt open! :lol:

Like most carbines with a large caliber, they have a good recoil and muzzle blast. Loud also. Fairly accurate and best of all, fairly cheap inexpensive. :D

Only draw back is ammo cost. I only have a few rounds of surplus left and I'm now affraid to fire it. It keeps going up (as a collectable ammo with Nazi marks) so fast it's ridicules. I shoot reloads I bought from a guy and they are great, but he is not reloading anylonger. I have the brass and the dies, so I guess, I'll have to do my own.

I paid .50 a round for these! I see them for $22.50 a box now...for surplus! Ouch!

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

The damn clips are going for $10.00 a pop. I'd buy that ammo at $22.00

Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Look at all of that beautiful ammo waiting to put holes in some perfectly good paper targets...I love good ammo pics. I also have some surplus ammo that I am afraid to shoot and I'm too cheap to buy the commercial stuff.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ironnewt wrote:I just got my J&G Sales paper and they are selling these from either Austria generally or Budapest specifically. Do any of you guys know anything about these ? Im kind of interested as I like straight pulls.
I just saw they were $139, Thats an excellant price and this gun is way fun to shoot and looks neat also. I'm considering buying another one as it is that much fun, ammo is a little spendy though but worth it :biggrin: :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Another great opportuity for reloading with cast lead bullets, and Lee makes a mold especially for this round. :)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

These are usually nice rifles. I have a Hungarian and an Austrian and have shot both to my satisfaction. Yes, they kick, yes, the ammos is more than 7.62X54, yes they are fun to shoot.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
DB Cooper23

Post by DB Cooper23 »

Nice group :D
A Veteran-whether active duty or retired-is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life". That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

The carbines are great little rifles. I would like to see a batch of full size rifles hit the market sometime or at least one to pass my way at a decent price to compliment my carbine.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have been thinking the same thing
etprescottazusa91 wrote:I would like to see a batch of full size rifles hit the market sometime or at least one to pass my way at a decent price to compliment my carbine
:biggrin: :biggrin: