sniper

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
56 kodiak shooter

sniper

Post by 56 kodiak shooter »

whats the easy way to tell if it an original sniper
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: sniper

Post by Darryl »

56 kodiak shooter wrote:whats the easy way to tell if it an original sniper
There is no "easy way" to tell. You have to know what makes it fake or real. Many items to look at. Royal Tiger has "real" snipers and also RGUNS also.

Look in our information pages at http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/ under sniper section. There is a lot of information there.

Dolk
56 kodiak shooter

Post by 56 kodiak shooter »

local gun shop has three, they don,t have original scopes but everything else looks legit, he wants 285.00, I think im going to atrade with him for the hex receiver I think its a 1943
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

$285 sounds way too low for a legit sniper. If you can find one for $500 you're doing *great*, most will run more than that. $285 and I would seriously be looking at it hard. a 1943 hex? Refurbishment processes certainly could have mated an older receiver to a newer barrel, but for a sniper? I haven't seen one of those before, though there are far wiser people on the boards than I.

In the end though, if you're happy with it that's all that really matters.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

AFAIK, they were no hex snipers.

I have witnessed with my own eyes (and hands) a 43 hex, low wall.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
larry

Post by larry »

it seems like 91/30 sniper rifles are getting more popular, this means more fakes are hitting the market. i've seen several on gunbroker that are fake. it would be wise to to do a lot of research before you get stuck with a fake. you also can see what degree of orginality you want, to every piece that was original when the rifle was built to parts replaced when it was refurbished.