Wish zeebill luck....

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
catcracker

Re: Wish zeebill luck....

Post by catcracker »

Good luck bill. I worked in a surgical hospital. They have made a lot of advances in the past few years. You should be fine.
Again, best of luck.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Best of luck Bill, my mom has gotten them both done and it was a life changer to her.. Get through it and you will be running around the gun shows in no time.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Break a leg Bill :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

P51D, the first Mustang with any balls! Only pre-Shelby pony with any nads…

Nice! And there wasn't anyone else up there trying to kill you! :thumbsup:
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Best of luck Bill! Hope all goes well and we see you back here asap! :thumbsup:
JER

Post by JER »

Best Wishes, Bill...
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Best of luck. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Good luck with the knee, Bill. I've heard the following three weeks after the surgery are tough, but after that people are glad they got it done.

I'm very jealous of your Mustang ride. Very cool.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Good luck with the surgery Bill.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Best of luck to you Bill! Can't wait to here your stories! I expect some good ones! :lol:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Well I am in the halfway house or family house and this computer is older than mine and works only haltingly. But what the heck it is here and free. We got stuck in one of Pittsburgh's famous detou7rs on the way up and it took almost 3 hours plus to get here. Checked in the hospital and they cabbed me here and I am good for the night here. Good food and nice clean room right on the University of Pittsburgh campus and today was graduation day too. I am finally not so sore from the 3G turns of the Mustang. I can hold my head up without pain today. Only saw two other planes while aloft, that is another reason why I wanted to do the flight Thursday or Friday, less air traffic. I watched one of the only still flying B29's land below us as we were doing our go around after takeoff and then saw another small civilian plane below us once early in the flight. Believe Me I Thank God I never will do air battle in one of those things!!! At 71 years old I am not physically up to that! I was wiped out Friday night and so sore I wanted to take a tylenol or two but the upcoming surgery precludes that. Fell back to normal today and actually looking forward to getting this knee work done and over. I keep telling myself it can't hurt anymore than it does now. If it weren't for great guys like Joe and Butch and Yogi and many others I would get nothing done and I want to publicly Thank all you guys. Hope all goes well here as I am sure Dolk and JYD will take good care of that stuff as always. So I guess I am gone for a few days and Y'all better behave! If something unforseen comes along and I am gone remember that or I will haunt you guys forever! :bonk: Bill
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

The physical therapy is the hard part, as I have been told, of knee jobs. Stretching the muscle and ligaments back out. I'll be thinking about you!!
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

zeebill wrote:Well I am in the halfway house or family house and this computer is older than mine and works only haltingly. But what the heck it is here and free. We got stuck in one of Pittsburgh's famous detou7rs on the way up and it took almost 3 hours plus to get here. Checked in the hospital and they cabbed me here and I am good for the night here. Good food and nice clean room right on the University of Pittsburgh campus and today was graduation day too. I am finally not so sore from the 3G turns of the Mustang. I can hold my head up without pain today. Only saw two other planes while aloft, that is another reason why I wanted to do the flight Thursday or Friday, less air traffic. I watched one of the only still flying B29's land below us as we were doing our go around after takeoff and then saw another small civilian plane below us once early in the flight. Believe Me I Thank God I never will do air battle in one of those things!!! At 71 years old I am not physically up to that! I was wiped out Friday night and so sore I wanted to take a tylenol or two but the upcoming surgery precludes that. Fell back to normal today and actually looking forward to getting this knee work done and over. I keep telling myself it can't hurt anymore than it does now. If it weren't for great guys like Joe and Butch and Yogi and many others I would get nothing done and I want to publicly Thank all you guys. Hope all goes well here as I am sure Dolk and JYD will take good care of that stuff as always. So I guess I am gone for a few days and Y'all better behave! If something unforseen comes along and I am gone remember that or I will haunt you guys forever! :bonk: Bill

My thoughts will be with you tomarrow bill. As far as the rest of the board, I'll let you guys know as soon as I get word from bill that he's ok. :thumbsup:

Gods speed Bill :wave.gif:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Had one done in '06, best thing I ever did for myself. No pain issues after and I walk 2 miles every day. Rehab is a bitch :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: but the more you push the knee the faster you get mobility back. Good Luck :vodka2:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

I got good news, zeebill is doing good and is at the VA hospital in clarksburg. Jbob ust talked to him and he is in good spirits :D
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Best of luck on the knee,I know you will be fine!! :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

joe7170 wrote:I got good news, zeebill is doing good and is at the VA hospital in clarksburg. Jbob ust talked to him and he is in good spirits :D
Outstanding! I hope we here if from the horses mouth soon!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Great,
nothen will get him up and going again quicker then an upcoming gun show.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

shoto2758 wrote:Great,
nothen will get him up and going again quicker then an upcoming gun show.
:thumbsup:
Yeah, but I don't think he'll make next weekends! Or will he. If he comes home this week, and can get around ok on crutches, I'll drive him to Washington pa :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good to go yet? they do these operations fast these days and expect you to walk out of the OR, and then out of the facility. He should be home and moving about soon .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt