Mosins in bulk

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
walnut red

Mosins in bulk

Post by walnut red »

I have an acquaintance who asked about purchasing 200-300 Mosins for a project. A legal project I might add that will not harm the Mosins in any way. Other than the case of a few of you weeding out duplicates in your collection is it even possible to purchase a few hundred Mosins in one or two batches these days?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosins in bulk

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

For that amount you will have to go directly to the importers, Century, Samco, only a larger outfit like them would have that amount on hand to spare, and these days even they may not.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Agreed. A retailer, even if they had them, wouldn't likely give a good deal on that many when they can sell them for much more individually and likely sell them all in fairly short order. You need to go up the food chain to secure that many at a decent price and hope they can be had.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

https://www.classicfirearms.com/

They had a few thousand come in from the Ukraine in crates. Hope he is not intending to harm them or alter them. That would be a rotten shame.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

JYD could rent them 300 out of his collection.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

walnut red wrote:I have an acquaintance who asked about purchasing 200-300 Mosins for a project. A legal project I might add that will not harm the Mosins in any way. Other than the case of a few of you weeding out duplicates in your collection is it even possible to purchase a few hundred Mosins in one or two batches these days?
OK, I guess I'll be the first one to be quizzy. What sort of a LEGAL project needs 300 rifles of any sort?
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The only importer that may come close to having that many Mosins is P.W. Arms out of Washington state.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I guess A legal project could be to arm a well regulated militia to insure the sovereignty of a free state. :shifty: SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

"I guess A legal project could be to arm a well regulated militia to insure the sovereignty of a free state"

...is that still legal? :roll: :shifty:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

No militia, some sort of tribute to his recently departed dad.