New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
larry

91/30 sniper rifle

Post by larry »

i just bought a 91/30 sniper rifle and everything seems to check out but one thing. the rifle has all matching serial numbers but there is no serial number on the stock. the stock looks original to the rifle because it looks used. having no serial number of any kind what would that mean.
tokarz1

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by tokarz1 »

Hi all, looking forward to the site! Thanks for the forum...
chrissh78

Post by chrissh78 »

Hello, glad I finally found a place where there are people that know what they are talking about. I have some questions, I aquired a 1926 Finnish m91.
I have been trying to research this gun, but everysight I got to contradicts the previous one, I was hoping someone may be able to give me advice on
This mosin nagant I purchased. I know it is a Tikka serial number 2645 with a c the barrel and hex reciever match serial numbers. There is an SA stamp on the side of the barrel, a bow and arrow stamp on the reciever with a bunch of other markings as well, if I can figure out how to post pics I will. But if anyone has any info on this gun and approximate value, I would appreciate the info.
chrissh78

Post by chrissh78 »

Hi I'm Chris I live in North Centeral Montana. I have some questions about a mosin nagant I aquired. I know it is stamped by Tikka, serial number 2645 with a C under that and dated 1926 all ontop of the barrel, it has a hex reciever with a matching serial number. Also SA is stamped on the side of the barrel. There is also a bow and arrow stamped on the reciever, can anyone tell me anything about this gun, and aproximate value as well?
steverod32

Post by steverod32 »

Hello my name Steve. I'm from the Chicagoans area. I appreciate any info I can get. I bought my mosin 91/30 about a year ago. Love shooting it. I look forward to future discussions.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RCC wrote:Hello all , here is my intro post to this forum. I'm relatively new to Mosins and Russian guns but not new to firearms.

As of now I have a Mosin M44, a few AK's and a PSL. I plan to purchase a few more Mosins as soon as I find the right guns to add to my collection.

Here's my M44-

Good plan , welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

madmax1299 wrote:hello everyone!
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Crispytoad08 wrote:Hello like minded firearm lovers , im new to this site , just bought my first mosin surplus carbine , 1944 ,M 44 , Super clean no sign that the weapon was ever issued !no scratches ,no wear marks ,all matching serial numbers, beautiful gun . It was imported to my local gun store by a well known importer. I wanted to test fire the weapon on memorial day , but i want to get the headspace checked first for safety , i cant get the gauges shipped here fast enough , and none of my local gun stores can check headspace on a mosin. The fact that the gun was never issued leads me to wonder if it's safe to shoot. Do you all agree I should wait until I check the headspace before I fire a shot ? Jack M.
Check the headspace Jack, and welcome to the board. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rem6a wrote:Hi RMNF
I have been collecting a couple Mosin rifles now and decided the forum had too many great answers to keep lurking around. Thanks for all the information and looking forward to seeing the pictures finally. Looking forward to seeking help once I can upload a couple pictures too!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JBEN wrote:Great site. Lots of info. Thanks!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 91/30 sniper rifle

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

larry wrote:i just bought a 91/30 sniper rifle and everything seems to check out but one thing. the rifle has all matching serial numbers but there is no serial number on the stock. the stock looks original to the rifle because it looks used. having no serial number of any kind what would that mean.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup: Do a write up on the rifle with pictures in the sniper forum, that way the sniper collectors will see your question.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tokarz1 wrote:Hi all, looking forward to the site! Thanks for the forum...
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chrissh78 wrote:Hello, glad I finally found a place where there are people that know what they are talking about. I have some questions, I aquired a 1926 Finnish m91.
I have been trying to research this gun, but everysight I got to contradicts the previous one, I was hoping someone may be able to give me advice on
This mosin nagant I purchased. I know it is a Tikka serial number 2645 with a c the barrel and hex reciever match serial numbers. There is an SA stamp on the side of the barrel, a bow and arrow stamp on the reciever with a bunch of other markings as well, if I can figure out how to post pics I will. But if anyone has any info on this gun and approximate value, I would appreciate the info.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steverod32 wrote:Hello my name Steve. I'm from the Chicagoans area. I appreciate any info I can get. I bought my mosin 91/30 about a year ago. Love shooting it. I look forward to future discussions.
Hello Steve, Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
louis ix

Post by louis ix »

Just another rookie checking in.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Hello all.

I'm new here.
I'm intesting in ww2 guns and want to buy a mosin nagant sniper gun.
I'm no expert so I like to get some information about this rifles.

Greetings Elvis
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I can not see if my message was posted.
Mabey I did something wrong.
So here is a message from me again.
Regards Elvis
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Hello.

I posted in the wrong topic a assume, sorry.
I'm from Holland and i'm intrested in ww2 guns.
I like to get to know more information about original ww2 guns.
I have seen a lot of information on this site so I decided to sign up.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I lwant to upload some images I have on my computer butI can not figure it out how that works?
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.