No 5 MkI at Aim

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

No 5 MkI at Aim

Post by bunkysdad »

I was wondering if anyone here was going to be buying one of the Jungle Carbines being offered by Aim? Even at 550.00 they won't last long. It states in the listing that there were less than 50 available, but a quick check of the inventory showed only 14 remaining last night
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... roupid=254
Capybara

Re: No 5 MkI at Aim

Post by Capybara »

These are Bubba'd. "Tastefully restored", according to AIM. Pretty sad. An Enfield shooter is only worth $300.00 to $350.00.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Capybara wrote:These are Bubba'd. "Tastefully restored", according to AIM. Pretty sad. An Enfield shooter is only worth $300.00 to $350.00.
I was about to jump on one till I saw that comment. Then closed the browser and went to look at other stuff.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In other words a Gibbs type cut down No4 made to look like a No5? Sad.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

They didn't last long; sold out. I didn't want to pay that much for a refinished rifle.
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Same here. When I saw "refinished in the states" I figured not for me.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
Capybara wrote:These are Bubba'd. "Tastefully restored", according to AIM. Pretty sad. An Enfield shooter is only worth $300.00 to $350.00.
I was about to jump on one till I saw that comment. Then closed the browser and went to look at other stuff.
So what is a beat up though original No 5 Enfield rifle worth today? I see prices all over the place.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

$450.00 to $550.00, depending on condition and rarity. I bought mine, cash, face to face here in California, a couple of years ago before the CADOJ cracked down on that sort of free exchange of money and goods. Mine has a lot of paint missing from the barrel but overall is in pretty sweet shape, I scored. The shine you see in this image is from Howard's Feed N' Wax, not a refinish. Mine is a '47 Fazakerly. They a great little rifles, this one is a pleasure to shoot, pretty accurate out around 100-200 yards. No wandering zero for me. And no, the recoil is not that bad, no worse than an M44. My recoil pad is still pliable and springy, most are rock hard and rotting away. I suppose mine could be a replacement if it is that old and still pliable.