MAS 36- why so little interest?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
RazorBurn

Re: MAS 36- why so little interest?

Post by RazorBurn »

Oldvetteman wrote:They don't interest me because they are clunky, goofy looking, and practically un-shootable because of ammo scarcity. Just my opinion, of course.
Couldn't have said it better myself. The lack of ammo is the big thing for me. I shoot everything in my collection. At least I can buy new production 7mm Jap. I don't reload, and have no desire to reload so that pretty much kills anything in 7.5 French for me.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
mebailj

Post by mebailj »

Go to Widner's Reloading and Shooting Supply. Click on ammunition , rifle, and then 7.5x54 French. They have brand new loaded 139 grain non-corrosive brass case reloadable Privi-Partizan, 20 rounds for $13.95 /box.
mebailj

Post by mebailj »

$ 14.95 a box. Sorry. And, it is currently in stock. Ordered 6 boxes not long ago. Great service.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

mebailj wrote:Go to Widner's Reloading and Shooting Supply. Click on ammunition , rifle, and then 7.5x54 French. They have brand new loaded 139 grain non-corrosive brass case reloadable Privi-Partizan, 20 rounds for $13.95 /box.
I learnt something new today. I did not know Prvi was making new manufacture ammo for the 7.5 French. I had never seen it listed before. You sir, may have just changed my mind! :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Oldvetteman

Post by Oldvetteman »

I'm glad the ammo situation is getting better. Unfortunately, the "clunky, goofy looking" criticism still applies. I'm have no doubt that some don't find the rifle's appearance and design to be the deterrent that I do.
"To preserve and shoot"