Coming Soon ----Next Week??

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
cjsimoh

Re: Coming Soon ----Next Week??

Post by cjsimoh »

If you have a Cabela's near you, and want a plain old 91/30 referb, they are listed on their website for $149, in store only.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have been to Cabela's recently a couple of times but they didn't have any. I think I will go again and see. Honestly if I needed to find a nice refurb Mosin I think I could still pay this price, but I don't like the fact that they bumped the price, obviously due to a quick buying response. If the guy was being truthful in his video when he stated that he paid more, a premium I think he called it, then I don't see him lowering his prices. Since I have more rifles than I can fit in my safe, I am going to pass. I would rather save my cash and buy twice the collector rifle even if I have to spend twice the price. For you guys that have a rifle or 2 or 3, and want another then maybe you should consider one of these. They seem to be nice, albeit with the larger PW Arms import stamp that is just right in your face.
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

I'm a little surprised the Soviets haven't sorted out all the snipers, 91/59s, and anything newer looking and melted the rest down to make new arms. I could see them keeping SKSs and AKs for an emergency. I think they sold them because they were worth more than scrap and the hassle of scrapping them. But the longer they can't sell them, the more likely it is they scrap them.

They're selling them from the Ukraine to raise money for more effective weapons. But that supply will stop if the storage facilities are on the Russian side.

Now if someone ran across a boatload of SVTs like the recent beat up SKSs for $199-$299, I'd be all over that. Maybe someday we'll be able to get them from Canada. :D
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

The Soviets have never been known to dispose of old military equipment. You can find photos of fields of WWII era equipment. Storing buildings full of Mosins is nothing for them.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

The sad part is they are close to the cheapest online source even at this price. The asking price for run of the mill refurbs on GB is north of $200.

Man, I wish I would have jumped on RGuns bent bolt 91/30 several years ago. I always thought they were some bogus deal. Didn't realize till I read Dolks recent post that they were refurbed that way. Oh well.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

redeuce wrote:The sad part is they are close to the cheapest online source even at this price. The asking price for run of the mill refurbs on GB is north of $200.

Man, I wish I would have jumped on RGuns bent bolt 91/30 several years ago. I always thought they were some bogus deal. Didn't realize till I read Dolks recent post that they were refurbed that way. Oh well.

Same batch here at SAMCO. Came from the arsenals this way....why, must have run out of standard bolts, and $199! Looks like ex-snipers with the holes pilled and the stock patched. I wou;dn't "re-sniper" one of these, it would be altering and it would be worth less after doing so. In all honesty, I have never held or seen one of these rifles from SAMCO, so I'm not going to guarantee they are from the arsenal that way. But why would they go through all that trouble for no price increase?? I "think" they are right.......D

https://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles-nagant.html
bent bolt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I don't know if it is proper putting this comment in this thread. But since we are talking about the "sale" at classic, I found the Romanian Tokarev to be a fair deal. SAMCO has them for 199.00. But they don't come with all that is in the picture at Classic. Tokarevs have been increasing in price also. I really like my Polish model, so I went for the Romanian.
$60 dollars for a K31 bayonet is cheaper than I paid for one of mine. I have two. So maybe not a bad deal on that either.
Just FYI.
Cat
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

catcracker wrote:I don't know if it is proper putting this comment in this thread. But since we are talking about the "sale" at classic, I found the Romanian Tokarev to be a fair deal. SAMCO has them for 199.00. But they don't come with all that is in the picture at Classic. Tokarevs have been increasing in price also. I really like my Polish model, so I went for the Romanian.
$60 dollars for a K31 bayonet is cheaper than I paid for one of mine. I have two. So maybe not a bad deal on that either.
Just FYI.
Cat
Doug do you mean Southern Ohio Guns? I don't see Toks on Samco's site but SOG has them and the Bayos.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Yes. I always get those two mixed up.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

dolk wrote:
redeuce wrote:The sad part is they are close to the cheapest online source even at this price. The asking price for run of the mill refurbs on GB is north of $200.

Same batch here at SAMCO. Came from the arsenals this way....why, must have run out of standard bolts, and $199! Looks like ex-snipers with the holes pilled and the stock patched. I wou;dn't "re-sniper" one of these, it would be altering and it would be worth less after doing so. In all honesty, I have never held or seen one of these rifles from SAMCO, so I'm not going to guarantee they are from the arsenal that way. But why would they go through all that trouble for no price increase?? I "think" they are right.......D

Yeah, I knew they had them. I was just lamenting that when RGuns first got them years ago, the were something like 139.95! In fact, before RGuns pulled them off the website a few weeks ago, they were only $175. I nearly pulled the hammer at $175, decided to think on it because they've been up forever, two days later went to site and they were gone.
bent bolt.png
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

redeuce wrote:
dolk wrote:

Yeah, I knew they had them. I was just lamenting that when RGuns first got them years ago, the were something like 139.95! In fact, before RGuns pulled them off the website a few weeks ago, they were only $175. I nearly pulled the hammer at $175, decided to think on it because they've been up forever, two days later went to site and they were gone.
bent bolt.png
Oh, don't beat yourself up like that! :lol: If I only bought a few dozen crates when I started and they were $49.00 each! Can't go back, but if you have the money, I'd bet even these will appreciate a bit in year in the future....d :roll:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Yawn Yawn! Once a used car dealership always a used car salesman! Jack em up again now? Bill :lol:
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

dolk wrote:
redeuce wrote:
dolk wrote:

bent bolt.png
Oh, don't beat yourself up like that! :lol: If I only bought a few dozen crates when I started and they were $49.00 each! Can't go back, but if you have the money, I'd bet even these will appreciate a bit in year in the future....d :roll:
Nah, you can't move forward in the future if you keep looking back in the past! Anyway, finance wise, I think I'll be on the sidelines for a while, stuck at a meager 25.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I got my rifle from Classic today. Just took a quick look and its interesting. It has had a refurb done but not a normal common one. No refurb marks on metal or stock, numbers and font match except buttplate due to wearing a wartime stock on a hex. Blue looks original with paint covering rust pitting and the rear sight pin upgrade.
Ill take some pics and upload later tonight if the rain hold off.
Kollaa kestää
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

All parts that are marked have the Izhevsk triangle. Bore is nice and is not CB.

Kollaa kestää
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Nice rifle!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

:thumbsup:
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Very nice. :thumbsup:
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I hope others who ordered from this batch post them so we can see if they too are in similar condition, at least the lack of refurbishment condition.
Kollaa kestää
Tacticaltimmy

Post by Tacticaltimmy »

image.jpg
Hey guys! First time posting on here. Ok so I have been
Keeping my eye for a HEX reciever for a long time now and classic just sold
Me on these...they hit me with the email notification and I logged on 15 minutes later all
Of their Tula hex were already sold out !!!!!! I ordered a izvesk hex and I RECIEVEd 3 weeks later. I didn't mind the wait because I am on the west coast and classic is on the east coast...plus the rifles had already traveled a great distance to get here...anyways about the rifle...I RECIEVEd a beautiful 1931 HEX with all
Matching number even the bayonet...I knew this batch looked good in the video but I think I got a decent rifle for sure.

The reason I pulled the trigger on this is because I have been looking around over the last few years for a Mosin hex. BIG 5 had them last year and they told
Me they no longer are stocking them..cabelas is sold out .... To
Make a long story short I don't know when the next time I was gonna be able to score one especially with election season so I grabbed it!! Sure glad I did. I have a few pictures but I'm
Sure they don't do t justice. I'll try to post more at some point with better lighting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.