1935 Tula MO triple date (Update! Altered rifle "Faked)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
fintowin

Re: 1935 Tula MO triple date (Update! Altered rifle "Faked)

Post by fintowin »

The guy is guilty, and there is no one more sure of that than me. The rifle left my possession with no sa stamps, and three days after he gets it it has them. After he was called out by forum members (before i knew anything about it, btw) he emailed me, asking what I knew about the sa marks. At the same time, he was emailing his accusers with stories of a local trade. The thing to notice in every response is that he never comes out and says "I did not stamp this rifle, or any rifle". If I were being accused of this, or anything I did not do, my response would be a loud and clear denial of the accusation. He has these convoluted vague explanations. He would do well to just admit guilt and close up shop. No matter what, he is quite through with having any credibility as a seller after all this. Anyone with anything for sale on GB should block him as a buyer as well.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Too bad. It was a nice rifle.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

There's a clown on EBay currently, from Poland, selling an SA stamp die.

$80
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, we know of this person, SA stamps are only one of the items of forgery that he sells.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

What gets me about the whole thing is how cheaply he sold out his reputation. It not like he was making millions faking Monets and Picassos. Best I can tell he wasn't even getting the standard real SA stamp premium. Dumb.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

I'm not sure that money was the object here. We may have a case of someone who pathologically enjoys lying to/manipulating people. I've crossed paths with a few of these. It's not about the money. It's about "outsmarting" everyone else. Sick and incomprehensible? To us, yes.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

djbuck1 wrote:I'm not sure that money was the object here. We may have a case of someone who pathologically enjoys lying to/manipulating people. I've crossed paths with a few of these. It's not about the money. It's about "outsmarting" everyone else. Sick and incomprehensible? To us, yes.
You are probably correct.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

fintowin wrote:The guy is guilty, and there is no one more sure of that than me. The rifle left my possession with no sa stamps, and three days after he gets it it has them. After he was called out by forum members (before i knew anything about it, btw) he emailed me, asking what I knew about the sa marks. At the same time, he was emailing his accusers with stories of a local trade. The thing to notice in every response is that he never comes out and says "I did not stamp this rifle, or any rifle". If I were being accused of this, or anything I did not do, my response would be a loud and clear denial of the accusation. He has these convoluted vague explanations. He would do well to just admit guilt and close up shop. No matter what, he is quite through with having any credibility as a seller after all this. Anyone with anything for sale on GB should block him as a buyer as well.
That is correct. He is currently in DAMAGE CONTROL. Talk about a slippery slope!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

qz2026 wrote:In January I purchased a '25 Tula from him that was also SA marked.

If this was the same rifle which was purchased on Gunbroker, it's not too late to change the feedback. :wink:
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
gurn

Post by gurn »

fintowin wrote:The guy is guilty, and there is no one more sure of that than me. The rifle left my possession with no sa stamps, and three days after he gets it it has them. After he was called out by forum members (before i knew anything about it, btw) he emailed me, asking what I knew about the sa marks. At the same time, he was emailing his accusers with stories of a local trade. The thing to notice in every response is that he never comes out and says "I did not stamp this rifle, or any rifle". If I were being accused of this, or anything I did not do, my response would be a loud and clear denial of the accusation. He has these convoluted vague explanations. He would do well to just admit guilt and close up shop. No matter what, he is quite through with having any credibility as a seller after all this. Anyone with anything for sale on GB should block him as a buyer as well.

Possible explanation, I remember a story as a child about a shoe shop owner who couldn't get some shoes made in time. Well it appears some elves or was it dwarfs snuck in that night and made them all for him. Perhaps those elves are still at it but now they have a nice set of stamps with them. :thumbsup: :bonk: :chuckles: :brows: :bs.gif: :crazy.gif:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

gurn wrote:

Possible explanation, I remember a story as a child about a shoe shop owner who couldn't get some shoes made in time. Well it appears some elves or was it dwarfs snuck in that night and made them all for him. Perhaps those elves are still at it but now they have a nice set of stamps with them. :thumbsup: :bonk: :chuckles: :brows: :bs.gif: :crazy.gif:
:pointup: SMURFS!!!! :pointup:
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

So, he claims he got it as trade from a customer for a M38?
So, He, N.carolina23guns , purchased the gun here;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =471026995
The gun was shipped 3-16 FROM Wisconsin, delivered TO North Carolina 3-20 according to fintowin. 3-20 was a Friday. Most FFLs here are closed at noon on Saturday and not open Sunday. Then on Monday, 3/23/2015 10:39:28 AM ET he posted it up for sale, mentioning the SA stamps, here;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =474481614

So, he had a very short time, over the weekend, to restamp the rifle. I can't believe, from Friday to Monday morning, a local customer, bought it, took it home, stamped SA marks on it, brought it back and traded it for a M38, then without question or inspection, the Mosin Corner relisted it on Gunbroker as a SA rifle Monday morning. Something smells fishy, and it ain't fish.
Last edited by Sirex on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

It's also easier to claim ignorance than outright lie because you don't have to worry about body language or inconsistencies as they can be played off as concerned nervousness and confusion over the incident. I think that's why he never said he didn't stamp them.

Anyone see anything odd about anything else he sold?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUs ... er=2152154

Quite a few for multiple punch sets in feedback
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

Waiting for this one he bought to come back on the market
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =468414279
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Sirex wrote:So, he claims he got it as trade from a customer for a M38?
The gun was shipped 3-16 FROM Wisconsin, delivered TO North Carolina 3-20 according to fintowin. 3-20 was a Friday. Most FFLs here are closed at noon on Saturday and not open Sunday. Then on Monday, 3/23/2015 10:39:28 AM ET he posted it up for sale, mentioning the SA stamps, here;

So, he had a very short time, over the weekend, to restamp the rifle. I can't believe, from Friday to Monday morning, a local customer, bought it, took it home, stamped SA marks on it, brought it back and traded it for a M38, then without question or inspection, the Mosin Crate relisted it on Gunbroker as a SA rifle Monday morning. Something smells fishy, and it ain't fish.
Mosin Corner. The Mosin Crate is a legitimate, ethical dealer with good rifles at good prices.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

redeuce wrote:
Sirex wrote:So, he claims he got it as trade from a customer for a M38?

So, he had a very short time, over the weekend, to restamp the rifle. I can't believe, from Friday to Monday morning, a local customer, bought it, took it home, stamped SA marks on it, brought it back and traded it for a M38, then without question or inspection, the Mosin Crate relisted it on Gunbroker as a SA rifle Monday morning. Something smells fishy, and it ain't fish.
Mosin Corner. The Mosin Crate is a legitimate, ethical dealer with good rifles at good prices.
Shoot, thank you. I edited it to correct it. Even the guy from the Mosin CRATE posted something on Facebook about the Mosin Corner having a similar set up and name trying to possibly confuse people. The name think I guess worked here. Sorry, and thanks. The Mosin Corner has appeared to shutdown his website and has nothing currently on GB

From Facebook;

Alden Jones‎Mosin Nagant Rifle Enthusiasts
March 25 at 12:23pm ·
PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT NOTICE
Hello all. I own www.themosincrate.com
A gentlemen in NC has recently changed his business name to "The Mosin C*****". A name very much like my companies.. He has also seemingly made a near copy of my businesses website.
Recently some things have come to light about items he's selling and his practices and I'm worried that with this gentlemen being in NC with a near name to mine and a close resembling website that my company will get confused with his.
Please know that unless you are dealing with The Mosin CRATE. It's not me..
The Crate has been around over a year now and I have been a long time collector in the online community. I started this company because I have a love for milsurps and World War history. As a customer of other companies since 2005, I know exactly what it is folks expect and want when buying a gun from an online milsurp retailer and I give my best to make sure your experience is a great one.
So again if its not "The Mosin Crate" then it's not me. For legal reasons I will not mention this other persons name or business name.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Successful online businesses is based on honesty and performance. Those who have those qualities thrive and the crooked bastages whither on the vine. The gun seller with the faked stamp is known far and wide in the collector circles after this sale.

The stamp sellers are the scum of the earth with a business based on deceit. I did like one of the feedback comments left on the stamp seller's account. "This stamp will be useful for "restoration." I had no idea the word restoration was being used as a synonym for "fraud."
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Maybe a list of information is in order.. maybe a sticky thread of known people with punches and any new information that comes up. The more of us looking activity and updating the post the better.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

scribs87 wrote:Maybe a list of information is in order.. maybe a sticky thread of known people with punches and any new information that comes up. The more of us looking activity and updating the post the better.
Agreed.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We can't do such a list unfortunately, right or wrong the attorney fees defending i could melt this forum. We do have a very useful PM system though. Feel free to contact your favorite administrator :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

I hate to revive an old thread that left a bad taste in many people's mouths, but the same guy in Poland is now selling fake Tikka stamps.

With the prices of Finns through the roof there is plenty of reasons to be wary of what you buy. M39 B Barrel consistently are selling for $1,000-1,200. Tikka M39 $1,500+. It won't be long IMO before multiple Tikka M/39 with round receivers start appearing on the market.

The fake SA Stamping has gone on for many years yet some of the longtime collectors on another forum refuse to admit it is even an issue. Hopefully the Finn Collecting Community will start outing more of these fakes and spend more time vetting rifles. If not Finn Collectors will be dealing with the same crap as Mauser collectors.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk