Shocking

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
djbuck1

Re: Shocking

Post by djbuck1 »

It was a rather sad trip to Cabela's in Hamburg, today. I went for other supplies but automatically looked at where the Mosin rack used to be, now stocked with God alone knows what. In the past, there was a 40 rifle rack waiting to be looked over. Now? The M91/30 refurbs are a memory. I found a lot of 7.62x54r snap caps. No one needs them now. I picked up some.

I have more than my fair share of Cabela's refurbs, but the times certainly have changed. `Not sure what the Russian equivalent of "The Last Post" is, but it's time to sound it in Hamburg.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Don't give up on them. The last time I was looking over the racks of refurbs at Cabela's I found my N.E. Westinghouse on the next isle marked less than the refurbs. A lot less. It was divine intervention, I am sure of it. :P
Dianoga

Post by Dianoga »

Hey everyone,

I may have some information to add that could help out a bit. When I was looking for my first Mosin a few months ago (around the start of 2015) I contacted some people that I know about the situation and why i couldn't find any for $100 anymore (I've had my eye out for a few years). The embargo on russia have caused the supply to diminish drastically in the past few months forcing me to finally buy mine for $159 last month (February). Trying to figure out why the prices have been slowly creeping up though got me looking into why this is. It would appear that someone in Russia finally figured out that there is infact a demand for these beauties and has been slowing the amount they export. This isn't 100% confirmed but only what I have been able to dig up. Anyone have any other info or news??
Siam

Post by Siam »

Never give up looking. Saturday, after many months of looking, I found and purchased a 1942 and a 1943 Izhevsk M91/30, at local gun show, both in laminated stocks for $220, for the pair. Only Mn's in show.
56 kodiak shooter

Post by 56 kodiak shooter »

I have seen mosins in local area from 169.00-250.00 including m44,s, going to do some trading to get a couple more
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

bunkysdad wrote:Don't give up on them. The last time I was looking over the racks of refurbs at Cabela's I found my N.E. Westinghouse on the next isle marked less than the refurbs. A lot less. It was divine intervention, I am sure of it. :P
Cabela's here and in DE seem to be done, but these rifles can still be found at what I regard as a reasonable price. I just picked up a nice 1923 Izhevsk, decent wartime stock, with a Konovalov sight relief cut on GB for <$200.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Has been very few in my area in the past few months. It's really only been the past week that I've seen anything worthy of a closer look on armslist! I've already spent more this year on rifles than I thought I was going to so I haven't been looking very hard. I actually sold off all of my DSLR gear to buy firearms and not a single one of them was a Mosin... A Nagant yes, a Mosin, not yet!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

There is a gun show regular here that is charging crazy prices for Mosins. A run of the mill is 250 and anything special is 400 to 500. He got mad at me Sunday because I found a Finn for 250 before he saw it. :)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I went to the OGCA "meeting" yesterday and didn't see one 91/30, M44 or M38. My Finn connection that was holding a rifle for me had a guy come by and bought all 21 Finn rifles he had on the table, was that you MT. I will do a post on the Finn and the Hungarian M44 I took home.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
AJ333

Post by AJ333 »

djbuck1 wrote:
qz2026 wrote:Asking prices have gone up but that doesn't necessarily translate to sales. Guys are asking stupid high starting prices for rifles and they just aren't selling them.
Roger that. "Asking" not "selling." Circa $300 for an ex-dragoon? I don't see anyone biting.
I'll take it!!!!!!

Just kidding. Goin to a gunshow this weekend and hopin to find a few. Last time I went to this particular show I scored a 91/59 and an m38, probably 2 years ago. Haven't seen a mosin at a gunshow since (though I haven't been to many). I have seen lots of beef jerky and tazers, though.

There's a nice '43 Ishevsk refurb at my LGS for $400 if anybody's interested. Sorry, no bayonet, sling or accessories.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Shocking ,Yes but I expected it. Next will be 7.62 X54R ammo. Call Weldon