Does anyone have the Production Figures for the Type-53?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Hobe Sound Falcon

Does anyone have the Production Figures for the Type-53?

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

There was once a Post on www.gunboards.com titled, Type-53 Production Fugures. I wonder if anyone has those Figures here on this Site? Execpt for the 1960 Made Type-53's, there was just over 4 Million of them Made. and less than 2 Month's of Production on the 1956 made Carbine's. Mine is just at the end of the Production Cycle. 1960 used a different style of Serial Number System. :?:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Does anyone have the Production Figures for the Type-53?

Post by Darryl »

I don't think you will find production numbers from China. It is the reason we can't by Chinese SKS's as a C&R. They refuse to give that information out, even to this day. So there is no way to prove the age of your Chinese SKS, so no C&R (BATF rules).

Best site on the T53 is here

http://mosinnagant.net/global%20mosin%2 ... arbine.asp

Dolk
Hobe Sound Falcon

Thank you.
Hobe Sound Falcon

New style Factory-26 Code by 1960.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.