Excellent Condition Egyptian Helwan Pistol on the Way.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Excellent Condition Egyptian Helwan Pistol on the Way.

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

:!: I had been wanting something Egyptian for sometime. Figured a Helwan Pistol would be Cheaper than a Rasheed Carbine. Most Helwan's were Imported by C.A.I. long ago. They are usually only in V..G. Condition. I snagged one off http://www.colectorforums.com out of Houston. It is in Excellent Condition. I had once owned a Beretta M-92SB, didnot care for it, not a good fitting Pistol to my Hand like my Walther P.88. However as this is an 8 Round Pistol. The Helwan is Egypts copy of the Beretta Model 951. I wanted to ask, does anyone know where I could get an Egyptian Holster for it? Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Re: Excellent Condition Egyptian Helwan Pistol on the Way.

By the way, that is Grease on the Right Front Slide by the Serial Number, I called and asked them about it. The Guy wiped it off, with no problem. Don't know why they took the Photo with Grease on the Pistol. Paul
finloq

Post by finloq »

No idea on the holsters. I have an Israeli contract 951 on the way and can't even find a picture of an issue holster. By the way, your Helwan is a hell of a lot prettier than my Beretta.

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: "I drank, what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Bingo

Post by Bingo »

The Helwan is a copy of the Mod 51 and that is as far as it goes. This pistols quality varies a great deal! They do not handle hot ammo well at all, Use of NATO spec ammo is not advised. The slide being open as on the 51 spreads open under recoil and causes the lock to fail locking the slide firmly to the rear. That fact that a number of these guns work just fine shows how wide the quality of this gun varies. I wish that I could say I had only encountered one with this condition but if fact It was a source of income for the shop to the point I refused to work on them. I could not tell the owner that his problem was fixed.I am sorry to sound so negative about a firearm but feel I should share my knowledge with all of you. Remember I am only one voice and others may disagree. You make your choice. The design was fine, the steel was not!
Bingo
Hobe Sound Falcon

This is the first one I have seen in better Condition than V.G. I will keep an Eye on it. and only Shoot FMJ in it. Hopefully I have a good one. Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

I sience found out that the Century Arm's Helwans were made up Gun's. They were Egyptian, and new, but were new Production for Import back in 03/04, when mine was Imported. I have sience got a nicer one, that is true Egyptian Military off Gunbroker. Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

Here is my New one on the Way, The first one I sold to a Beretta Collector at the Range. This one is correct, and all Egyptian. You can't see the Dark Slide he took lousy Photos, but on the Right is the correct Egyptian Markings. I get it Tuesday. Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finloq

Post by finloq »

Give us some good pictures when you can.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Hobe Sound Falcon

Here you go, I finally got the Photo's Resized. Paul
Last edited by Hobe Sound Falcon on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobe Sound Falcon

A.R.E. is Arab Republic of Egypt. Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

It's in, just have to wait till Wed. to get it. Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

The Box was a Goner, but I did salvage the Box End's with the Interarms Information. Plus the original Bill of Sale from 1987! Neat. Will Shoot this one Tomoral Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

Selling it at the End of the Month at the Ft.Pierce Gun Show.
finloq

Post by finloq »

That was fast