3 days + 800 miles + $3000 = 8 rifles

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 3 days + 800 miles + $3000 = 8 rifles

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Duesenberg the cat as a kitten, born 1988, vanished 1999, suspected raccoon involvement in the disappearance, it's in the cold case file. I thought about gluing his paws in place to make a cool ornament, but I might have damaged the paint doing that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Or we take one of those beauties and you drive! Your choice.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Those are pictures out of the dim past, rust kills everything here sooner or later, other were sold off, this is just a small selection of the cars I had over the last 30 years or so. The black '72 I drove for 15 years, but I also had a lot of MoPar B and C body cars, a few A bodys, many other Caddy's, Lincolns, and so on.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

*Pained sigh*

Luckily we don't regularly ice down here. It melts by morning, or before lunch, or right after death, it matters not. De icing is all but unheard of, three inches of snow and freezing rain pretty much locks us down for a few days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have ice 2-3" thick in spots here and I am looking at 8" of snow come this weekend
Theodore Roosevelt
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Stay inside, clean some of those Lee-Enfields you've got in grease, fry up some spam. Grab one of those blanket-sleeve things.

I just wear my trench coat backwards if I ever need that, so rarely.

Post by WWW »

Nice score, zeebill!

And JYD, why do you have what looks like a SAAB 99 among all that Detroit iron?
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Saab and the big LTD wagon behind it are both fresh junked cars at that time waiting to be fed to the crusher. The Saab 99 was a common car back then, it seems a lot were sold around here in the 70's and 80's, they didn't last long and came in regularly. That Saab still ran, a brake line running through the inside of the car rusted, I clamped it with vice grips and ran the car as a tool car for a week or so. The LTD was as optioned as they got, Country Squire package, 460 with rear disc brakes, every power option. Massive rust killed it, I sold the 460 . That was the late 1980's, unseen would be Datsun B210's, rear drive Toyota Corolla's, Chevy Nova's, Dodge Darts, and Plymouth Arrows, all sorts of good stuff.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I once had a Datsun B110 fast back with the A14 Station Wagon Engine and Weber side draft carbs. We had cut the roof open for a moon roof and added a spoiler with over size tires. It was a real fun car to drive back in the 70's during the gasoline shortage.
It could easily out run the early model six cyl. Z cars. and hunting quail out the moon roof on my ranch was a blast.JGC
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The B210 could take a beating until the rust got out of hand. Back in the day I used many as tool cars.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

The only other 1907 91/38 that I have seen: invitation, invitation...
ImageImageImage
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

OK I'll bite, My photographer Joe is stuck down in the snow belt of WV, my shop door was frozen shut for 3 days, I already fell twice trying to get into or out of the shop, I bought a new camera phone and went to 4G service and have no reception at the house and will likely be a 100years trying to learn to use the thing, and I am trying to get a million things done like snow and ice removal. What are you proposing now my friend? Oh by the way my 1907 is on a 1906 receiver. This old fart at 70 is just not what I use to be I can't apologize for that as the way I look at it with my previous lifestyle and the way I live now I never in a million years thought I would live this long so I am very blessed and happy I can do what I do. Which compared to some of you young bucks is nothing I know! But I am just able to keep on keeping on at the current rate! Sorry! Bill the old fart! :wink:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote:Cool kitty hood ornament :lol:
Really cool! ...... Do the eye light up when you turn on the headlights too? ......D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, only when it's caught in the headlights seconds before it gets run over. :beek: :twisted: :twisted: :beek:
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Walking in the glare of the headlights early this AM and the dang black ice got me and I fell and twanged my good or maybe I should say better knee! Man do I hurt all over and especially my legs! Living on heavy Tylenols and with a dash of Oxi. Like I was taken candy and usually that stuff knocks me for a loop. Next a hot soak and a nap for the night. Bill
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

zeebill wrote:Walking in the glare of the headlights early this AM and the dang black ice got me and I fell and twanged my good or maybe I should say better knee! Man do I hurt all over and especially my legs! Living on heavy Tylenols and with a dash of Oxi. Like I was taken candy and usually that stuff knocks me for a loop. Next a hot soak and a nap for the night. Bill

Damn it bill, you need some cleats :chuckles:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Isn't winter fun, I stop and inspect the ground regularly, so far no permanent damage, but things do hurt. The only thing worse than finding black ice with your feet is finding it with your tires. Watch the pills.

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt