My First C&R Rifle (SKS)

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
southernboy762
ban
ban

Re: My First C&R Rifle (SKS)

Post by southernboy762 »

rideandslidejim wrote:Good day at the range,happy,happy,happy. Got the new front post just where i want it, going to add a litter paint to it, not sure red or some other day glow color. No one else at the range, so as i was getting ready to leave, thought i would try a few shots at my new 8" Gong, had to jury rig it to the upright (public range ) and it fell after my first 3 shots, but it was fun, going to make a folding support for it.

I have an M38 also, where didyou get that post ?

As I said in my earlier post "Smith Sight" is where I got the Red Post Sight...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice SKS SB, I saw one almost like yours on another forum. I think I need another one. Can you give me a link where you got the headspace gauge from?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
southernboy762
ban
ban

Post by southernboy762 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice SKS SB, I saw one almost like yours on another forum. I think I need another one. Can you give me a link where you got the headspace gauge from?

Thanks for the compliment :vcool:

http://www.okiegauges.com/

goto " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

southernboy762 wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:Nice SKS SB, I saw one almost like yours on another forum. I think I need another one. Can you give me a link where you got the headspace gauge from?

Okie does not produce bullet style headspace gauges that rimless rounds use. Try Brownells, or Midway for them.

goto " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE"........what??? :vconfused:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Click here, I see. 8mm Mauser, .30-06, 7.62x39, 7mm Mauser, 7.65 Argentine, these are all examples of rounds that require a bullet style gauge. Did you not check the headspace on that SKS ? Or did you have a gunsmith check it? I never shoot anything until my own eyes have seen that rifle pass the test.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
southernboy762
ban
ban

Post by southernboy762 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
southernboy762 wrote:

Okie does not produce bullet style headspace gauges that rimless rounds use. Try Brownells, or Midway for them.

Not confusing, click the " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE" on the web site and you will see the headspace gauges.
I never said "Okie does not produce bullet style headspace gauges that rimless rounds use"..... :vconfused:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

southernboy762 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
southernboy762 wrote:

Not confusing, click the " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE" on the web site and you will see the headspace gauges.
I never said "Okie does not produce bullet style headspace gauges that rimless rounds use"..... :vconfused:
Okie doesn't make the bullet type. They don't make one for an SKS. You have to buy one of those elsewhere.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
southernboy762
ban
ban

Post by southernboy762 »

millman wrote:
southernboy762 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
southernboy762 wrote:

Okie doesn't make the bullet type. They don't make one for an SKS. You have to buy one of those elsewhere.

I think we all know that now :!: :bdh:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Apparently not if you are recommending OKie for bullet gauges. Okie provides a fine product, but at this time that product is only coin style gauges. I don't want any new members reading this short exchange and bothering Okie for gauges he does not make. I am the one who said Okie does not produce gauges for rimless use, not you. Now we all know that, case closed, hit up Brownells for that 7.62x39mm gauge so you will know without guesswork that the headspace in that rifle is good. If you do not intend to shoot the rifle then the headspace doesn't matter, and there is nothing wrong with not shooting all the rifles you collect. I don't remember what I paid for mine, that was years ago, they are probably $35 or more.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I think you should check the, "goto " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE ", portion of your reply post. It will not connect with anything, the link you tried to post failed.
southernboy762
ban
ban

Post by southernboy762 »

Longcolt44 wrote:I think you should check the, "goto " LICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE ", portion of your reply post. It will not connect with anything, the link you tried to post failed.

On the link below "CLICK HERE FOR OUR SALES PAGE", click it, it works ..... :thumbsup:

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I meant where you got the SKS 7.62X39 gauge you said you were waiting for. You said you shot it so I thought you had gotten it.
southernboy762
ban
ban

Post by southernboy762 »

Longcolt44 wrote:I meant where you got the SKS 7.62X39 gauge you said you were waiting for. You said you shot it so I thought you had gotten it.
I have checked head space and test fired two rounds to check out the gas operating (blow back) system, ejects empty brass, reloads another round and fires again.

Going to the Range next week for performance and setting the sights shooting.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Forrester make the gauge, or another manufacturer? Mine is a Clymer gauge, they still have it, and not a bad price
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... 40876.aspx
Theodore Roosevelt