Nagant Revolver

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Re: Nagant Revolver

Post by steelbuttplate »

Just got my 3rd, a 1917 with the Peter the Great arch stamped out SSSSSSSSSSSS... pretty common? my 1916 is original....both refurbed ........... SBP 62 Mosins and lookin
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, that would not be common , I don't recall them blocking out the old markings on the revolvers. Why use the S? a basic ----------- would be the way they did such on other weapons.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

Photos. I have seen Fin's with the Arshin's stamped out with 'S's.

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

closer examination tells me its 8888888888 over the original, whatever covered most completely I guess. SBP
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"