Would this be a correct model 12 riot gun?

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Jackson

Would this be a correct model 12 riot gun?

Post by Jackson »

10930992_952167151462178_9189054199401388973_n.jpg
10177880_952167044795522_7608085530477629913_n.jpg
1545733_952167018128858_2441368436904677501_n.jpg
10487567_952167104795516_4992702749922783100_n.jpg
I've got a deal pending in a few hours for a winchester model 12 riot shotgun with US stamps, but it's got a cutts compensator on the end of it.

Is this correct?

He's asking 600, and is willing to take a ruger mark 3, a few hundred rounds of 22, and a turk M38 + giving me 70 cash on top for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Would this be a correct model 12 riot gun?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

US trench Model 12's have the US flaming bomb ordinance mark on them, both barrel and receiver, they have a bayonet mount/heat shield also, I have not encountered one with a compensator on it. This one might be one modified for police use. Don't go by the stock, I have seen these stocks with both original, and reproduction US markings being sold at gun shows. I even bought one for my own model 12 trench gun that was modified to a pistol grip during Vietnam. That stock has also been refinished, way to light colored and poly looking. Real model 12 trench guns easily sell for over a grand, sometimes more than that, bird guns sell in the $350-$500 range, Police marked guns would be in the $500-$800 range, but only if they are clearly marked or have paper. This could have been built from a regular 12.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The receiver stamp looks correct, but these days such can be faked, check the barrel for the small bomb stamp.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Model 97 and Model 12 stamps, the bottom is from the Vietnam soldier modified model 12. Note that it is parkerized, originals like the WW1 era Model 97 I have there were blued.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

it has the marks highlighted, but i will be avoiding it as he's trying to change the deal to get even more for it.
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
A J

Post by A J »

Jackson wrote:it has the marks highlighted, but i will be avoiding it as he's trying to change the deal to get even more for it.
I don't blame you. Any time someone I'm doing business with gets flaky, I walk. Good call.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Whenever I start to picture how the other guys hand would look pinned to the table by my knife I know it's time to call off the transaction .
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

Not sure I've ever seen one with a comp either.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have, but only on some shotguns intended for hunting or police guns.
Theodore Roosevelt
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Pardon my ignorance, but those compensators look dangerous to use, I've seen only one other. I'd rather take my chances with a duckbill choke.
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
A J

Post by A J »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Whenever I start to picture how the other guys hand would look pinned to the table by my knife I know it's time to call off the transaction .
:chuckles: Yeah, I know what you mean. When I used to work an industrial inside sales job, there were some customers who weren't worth keeping. I'd bend over backwards for the financially-strapped, small-time customer but didn't have a lot of patience for the few really bad ones. Generally, I'd take whatever a bad customer dished out to me. I'd make the sale and gladly take their money. Sometimes it wasn't worth the money.

On one occasion, I was helping a customer troubleshoot a piece of equipment over the phone. Someone in the background kept making disparaging comments about the questions I was asking in an effort to pinpoint the problem. I started to hear all sorts of insulting crap. Finally I asked "who is that person in the background?" The person responded "that's the owner of the company." Me: "OK. Please put him on the phone. I'd like to speak with him." When the clown answered the phone I told him I didn't appreciate his insults and if I hear one more, I will refuse to do business with his company.

There were many other times that a customer's demands and expectations exceeded what my company was capable of providing. When I was confronted with a situation like that, I'd politely explain that we're not the best choice. Yeah, I lost a number of decent sales, but in the end I held onto the really good customers and had very few high maintenance ones.