SKS leaky gas tube.

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jackson

Re: SKS leaky gas tube.

Post by Jackson »

Greasemonkey wrote:How much too short? 1/4 inch or so? A threaded barrel stock will fit on a pinned barrel action, but it will not work the other way around without work/fitting.
yeah just about, and it's cut for a blade bayonet.

the stock i have on it right now fits perfectly and is cut for a tent spike, but the blade bayonet stock doesn't fit.

the *other* blade bayonet stock fits just fine, but it needs to finish being glued back together
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

A press fit rifle stock and threaded rifle stock the crossbolt is in a slightly different location. It's farther back by 1/4-3/8 inch if my memory is right. All "standard" blade cut stocks are pretty much interchangeable.

Some measurements here.
http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-18.htm
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

These sound like some of these Albanian/Chinese/Russian guns that came in most recently. Never know what combination of what parts may or may not be on any one of them. That's why they have been so cheap. The Albanians just repaired or replaced with any part they could force fit to try and make them work. Many were field expedient repairs by the Militia's or rebels that owned them. A lot of these will require buying new replacement parts to make them work as designed. Just is what it is.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
sksprepper3

Post by sksprepper3 »

Hi Jackson,

May I ask what kind of o-ring did you put on your SKS? I have the exact same problem. Thanks!