Makarov 9mm Pistol

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jbob

Re: Makarov 9mm Pistol

Post by Jbob »

entropy wrote:If it's for use and carry, get the CZ82 instead of the Makarov. much better gun.
Just got mine in the mail from a friend today and I'll have to say it's the best feeling hand gun I've ever had in my hand. The grip feels like it was molded just for me.
Now to shop around for some ammo so I can try it out. This is the first surplus gun I've bought coated with oil for preserving.... Looks like new and unissued just like he said, extra clip and holster too.
If the number on the side means anything it's dated 1986
sapishka

Post by sapishka »

I had a Russian Makarov 9x18 ,excellent little pistol extremely accurate ,it had bear arms import on the side which was not that great but the finish and all was nice .I sold that for another nice revolver , another early 5 screw S&W .I have since acquired a super nice east german 9x18 Makarov with original holster and magazine .a fine shooter as well ,very nice condition .these seem to be one of the best to get ..miss my Russian though . darn it .

sapishka
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

This is my collection of Makarovs. They are all dependable, well built, accurate and fun to shoot. I don't think you could go wrong with any one of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdnagle

Post by gdnagle »

wolfstein wrote:This is my collection of Makarovs. They are all dependable, well built, accurate and fun to shoot. I don't think you could go wrong with any one of them.
Nice collection. I have the P64 and the CZ82. The p64 makes a nice pocket gun and the 12 rounds for the CZ means less reloading.
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

Where did you get those grips for your P64? Those are funky cool.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Capybara wrote:Where did you get those grips for your P64? Those are funky cool.
I ordered them from an individual that was just making a few. I'm sorry I don't remember where. If II cam find the info I will let you know. Thanks for asking