got a 1926 hex mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: got a 1926 hex mosin

Post by bunkysdad »

Looks good Eddie. They are not getting any easier to find the older ones.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I love these ED's with imperial receivers. As to Bill's comment, I understand where he is going, I think... I can't tell you how many times I have booked a purchase only to find out when I tear it apart that it is an antique. Puts one in a precarious position. Let's say you buy from one of the auction houses and it's a '26 Ex Dragoon. They require the C&R to be sent. They book it out and, thus, I book it in when I receive it. I believe the law required that it be booked within three days. Many times I don't get it on the bench for a week or so. So, now I have booked an antique :shock: Precarious because BATF doesn't like corrections in the book. I guess the appropriate thing to do would be to cross out the entry and indicate that it was subsequently determined to be an antique. I've got several like this in my book, many of which are M-39's. What to do....what to do...

As far as price goes, $200 was a pretty good deal on this rifle. I recently sold an antique 21/44 MO for over $300 on GB. So, they are worth what someone will pay for them.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well I only paid $125 for it out the door tax and all so I probably did really good
I love my pain and she loves me just as much.... guns I don't worry my wife shoots better than me
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Really cool rifle, Recycled receivers always adds to the cool factor of a rifle. The antique makes for a nice bonus and will add a small premium if you sell it.
Kollaa kestää
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Unfortunately the shops near me treat ALL centerfire rifles and pistols the same paper-work wise once they come in the door no matter if the date is obviously pre-98 or not. It is a huge aggravation to me on principle. Requiring paperwork on Veterrli and Gras rifles clearly built in the 1870s and 1880's for example. Its just store policy but is totally unnecessary.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

eddie0225 wrote:well I only paid $125 for it out the door tax and all so I probably did really good
Yes, you did. :thumbsup: