got a 1926 hex mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
eddie0225

got a 1926 hex mosin

Post by eddie0225 »

ok what can you all tell me about this baby I got all I know so far is its a 1926 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon barrel on a 1896 Sestyrotsk receiver all numbers match

ImageImage
I love my pain and she loves me just as much.... guns I don't worry my wife shoots better than me
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: got a 1926 hex mosin

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice 1926 Izhevsk ex dragoon Soviet post WW2 refurbished M91/30 with a reused receiver :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

so with the wood in good shape not redone and a really nice bore(not counter bored) and rest all in really good shape no rust or pits in and of the metal what would you think would be a good price to pay for it? just curious
I love my pain and she loves me just as much.... guns I don't worry my wife shoots better than me
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

It's an antique and I know you did paperwork on it right? I would love to know how many time that happens with Mosins. I know I have done it at least a couple dozen times! Very nice and now we need a nice overall picture of it to enjoy if you would! Thanks! Bill
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

A good price is whatever you had to pay to be the new owner. But.....200 is good. On a auction it might go more. Sometimes less if you get lucky, have a collector license, etc...... congrats on a very nice refurb, with a special antique rifle status.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well if what you guys say that $200 is good I did extremely great. I'll get a good full pic of it on tomorrow sometime if I get a chance. I feel really lucky to have got it, hopefully I'll see how she shoots tomorrow gonna try to talk wife into a shoot day lol she'll probably shoot more than me.........
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Anything south of two bills for an ex-Dragoon is doing well these days, in my opinion. Yours looks like a nice one. :thumbsup:

I've seen that "PM" mark on some other Izhevsk dragoons.
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

zeebill wrote:It's an antique and I know you did paperwork on it right? I would love to know how many time that happens with Mosins. I know I have done it at least a couple dozen times! Very nice and now we need a nice overall picture of it to enjoy if you would! Thanks! Bill
Am I the only one that A) sees the irony here, and B) gets a little ticked off?

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
FineRedMist

Post by FineRedMist »

I don't understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

JayPoc wrote:
zeebill wrote:It's an antique and I know you did paperwork on it right? I would love to know how many time that happens with Mosins. I know I have done it at least a couple dozen times! Very nice and now we need a nice overall picture of it to enjoy if you would! Thanks! Bill
Am I the only one that A) sees the irony here, and B) gets a little ticked off?

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
I must've missed it, first off I'm not sure what paperwork there was to do on the gun. All I know is a friend was talking about seeing it in a pawnshop and that it looked nice other than about the last 2 inches of the bore was really bad and he was low on funds so he passed on it. I went next morning and it was still there I looked it over and it didn't look that bad to me. I got it and only thing I knew was it was a hex barrel mosin dated 1926. I looked up what I could with help from friends and found out what little I did. So if zeebill or Jaypoc meant anything I missed it so fill me in please.... and why would you get ticked off?? Oh what paperwork was you talking about?
Eddie
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

Sorry...the irony is that Zeebill is asking for pictures all while providing wonderful descriptions (but NEVER any pictures) of his own rifles.

Just a little joke....
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

oh i think I understand I've known guys like that from other forums, to be honest normally those never bothered me as it always seems they have a reason for not posting camera isn't working right couldn't get gun to sit still longenough you know the nraml reasons you can't get pics of a gun we all know how some just hate to sit still very long...lol
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The paperwork he refers to is the standard for you fill out at purchase. As an antique its not required by federal law but just about every local shop here makes you complete the forms anyways.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well trying to post pics from my computer hopefully they'll show
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well you asked for pics there ya go
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

racerguy00 wrote:The paperwork he refers to is the standard for you fill out at purchase. As an antique its not required by federal law but just about every local shop here makes you complete the forms anyways.
yeah I filled out all the paperwork as you said as they didn't know it was an antique either way they'd done it, I don't mind.
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

well I post pics and you quit talking
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Nice! Just time-worn enough. :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Most shops including the one I work at have no idea what the receiver date is. We do not take the rifle down to check the dates, we rely on the dates we can see.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
eddie0225

Post by eddie0225 »

I didn't know about the date myself until I got home and tore it apart. In fact I didn't think the gun was all that good, I mean the stock isn't horrible and all the metal is in awesome shape except for the last few inches of the bore near the barrel end it appeared to be rusted and full of crud,turned out it was probably cosmoline left in it cause it cleaned up wicked nice