What do I have here

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
docbob

Re: What do I hIave here

Post by docbob »

Doc,
That's a very nice M28 that your buddy gave you. I have buddies but don't know any that would give me a prize like that! As everyone has stated, clean it a little if needed, nothing else. Congratulations.
DocBob
Lotema

Re: What do I have here

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: Very nice rifle! Looks like it's in really good condition to me, I wouldn't be too worried about the dings on it. Those just help to tell the story of this rifle.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
B24

Post by B24 »

Doc68 wrote:
Pip6214 wrote:SIG M28

Are these the normal run of the mill Mosin's? I was trying to identify it and thought it was an M28 from the markings and such. Just don't know too much about them. My buddy gave it to me since he now has a baby and his wife didn't want a gun in the house.
I need a few buddies like yours.
Luthierseye

Post by Luthierseye »

Very nice rifle!! :thumbsup: BTW, check everything before you fire it; ie headspace, firing pin adjustment, etc.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a few rifles due to some poor sap getting that order from his wife and actually following it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Doc68

Post by Doc68 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have a few rifles due to some poor sap getting that order from his wife and actually following it.

Yeah his wife is so crazy when it comes to firearms and such. He didn't know what he had until I found out about it on here. He's too good of a friend for me not to let him know what he had. I havent ever really dealt with older weapons in my experience with firearms. Usually AR's and precision Bolt rifle shooting. But now I see why people get involved with older firearms as far as the history and all behind them. I'm going to be holding onto this one for awhile and probably hand it down to my oldest son.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Here is the answer by the numbers. About 17,500,000 91/30s were made and about 33,000 M28 were made. Numbers taken from Lapin's book.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!