Nagant Revolver

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

Re: Nagant Revolver

Post by Vendetta »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Well you all twisted my arm. I wanted an older one so I had to submit an order.
Like Ive said before we are all terrible influences on one another.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Yep.

Hello, My name is Steve. I am a gun nut. I haven't bought a rifle in one week.........
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

SA1911a1 wrote:Yep.

Hello, My name is Steve. I am a gun nut. I haven't bought a rifle in one week.........
Ive made it one whole day so far! [emoji48]
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

SA1911a1 wrote:Yep.

I've made it two hours and forty minutes so far.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
finloq

Post by finloq »

$79 from J&G in 2009. I used it in an honor match a few years ago:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996533.976377.jpg

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Mine came in today but I couldnt get off work before my LGS closed. Im planning to pick it up on my lunch tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Just picked it up. Will have pics tonight. Very nice 1925 pistol. Very nice grips not sure if bakelite or wood yet and in quick search I couldnt find the import mark so I suspect its under the barrel. Im very happy worth every penny. Pics tonight!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

SA1911a1 wrote:It was only about five years ago that J&G had them for 69 or 79 dollars with the goodies included. I bought one, played with it a little and was more than happy to sell it for $100.00.
While they are interesting, and necessary for any Russian/Soviet collection, for function, they have to be the worst revolver ever made. That said, after a short while, I wanted another one. A few months ago, I picked up a non-import, non refurbished, 1915 for $180.00. My memory of the gun was valid, it is a lousy weapon. I have reasonably strong hands and I can not fire the revolver with my index finger alone. That said, it is a treasured part of my humble collection.

I made that trek to J@G and am happy I did. Yep a must have add to any historical WWII gathering and really, under two hundred is a pretty good buy on something with this much history behind it.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

SA1911a1 wrote:It was only about five years ago that J&G had them for 69 or 79 dollars with the goodies included. I bought one, played with it a little and was more than happy to sell it for $100.00.
While they are interesting, and necessary for any Russian/Soviet collection, for function, they have to be the worst revolver ever made. That said, after a short while, I wanted another one. A few months ago, I picked up a non-import, non refurbished, 1915 for $180.00. My memory of the gun was valid, it is a lousy weapon. I have reasonably strong hands and I can not fire the revolver with my index finger alone. That said, it is a treasured part of my humble collection.

I made that trek to J@G and am happy I did. Yep a must have add to any historical WWII gathering and really, under two hundred is a pretty good buy on something with this much history behind it.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It is amazing to me that the Soviets would re-arsenal millions of these revolvers after the second world war. These were obsolete by the first world war. Any other nation in the world would have made them into something useful like rebar.

That said, I do think that they are cool.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I received mine today at the LGS. Compared to my first Nagant, this one is nicer. It has a better finish and a perfect bore, as if unfired. It is a 1925 Tula, so I did not get the pre-Soviet pistol I had hoped for, but I am still very pleased. Took very little clean up; just light protective oil. Why did the Russians refurb these and store them? Who knows. Why did they refurb thousands of Mosin Nagant M91/30s, also a weapon that was long since obsolete? They don't seem to throw anything away, including such things as rocket engines and Soyuz spacecraft. I may post some other pics in better lighting conditions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rakysk

Post by rakysk »

:D Thank you all. I had to get one too. :D
Picked it up today at LGS. Looks great.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Damn why isnt mine pre ww1?! Nice grab!
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

rakysk wrote::D Thank you all. I had to get one too. :D
Picked it up today at LGS. Looks great.
You got my pre-Soviet! Very jealous; congratulations! :Drool1: :thumbsup:

Edit: Looks like a Tula, Peter the Great

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareNagant.htm
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Does it still have the bird on the flip side?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Please let this post die. You are making this so hard to resist.
I just purchased my 4 Nagant on a live auction for $160 not to long ago. Still waiting on arrival. I just can't justifying purchasing another one. I do try. But just can't.
I have loved every one of the ones that have been posted here. :Drool1: :cry:
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Mine looks exactly like tjts. Super nice condition with nice bore and extremely low ptofile rguns import mark under the barrel.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

To answer why the Russians went through all the trouble of refurbishing all these obsolete weapons. In case WWIII broke out it wold only take about 10 minutes to train the millions of farmers and ice cutters to teach them how to load and shoot these weapons.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Mine finally shipped today. Had to keep the thread going for Doug. :devil2:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F