Glocks are stupid...

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Re: Glocks are stupid...

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Or so I thought. I guess i just saw all the hype and thought they were over rated. Well slap me and call me Sally. I finally picked up a G19 today. Got an IWB holster and it's not as hard to conceal as I thought. Fits my hand like a glove. Maybe a 10mm next.

Also scored 400 rounds of 22mag. It was a good day.
I have always wanted to get a G19 but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet... :pointleft: (Pun Intended)

Do you really like it?
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I don't know why I didn't buy one sooner. It's not much bigger than the XDs and is lighter. But it's not a .45 There will probably be more Glocks in the house soon.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

The G30 (.45) is about the same size as a G19 only a thicker. The new G30s has a slimmer slide, Its the slide off a G36, the single stack .45. I was going to get a G30s to replace my g30 but I have been carrying it for over 15 years with no real problems and cannot justify the cost.

I do want the G41, long framed G21, fun for the range and the new G42 would be a good upgrade for my Keltec p3at.

As a GSSF member, I do get to buy 1 Blue Label Glock a year.
Kollaa kestää
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Only have one Glock.

A Glock 21 (.45 ACP) 2nd Gen.

It was the first Glock 45's out (no 1st Gen on .45 ... they started at the 2nd gen). My first semi. A lot of hand gun.

Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

I picked up a G22 in .40 a months back. A used police issue and I don't have very many rounds through it but so far I like it. Stuck a Streamlight TRL1 HL on the little rail and it's now the go to gun for all bumps in the night. Retired my XD 45 to the rack because of this one.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

dolk wrote:Only have one Glock.

A Glock 21 (.45 ACP) 2nd Gen.

It was the first Glock 45's out (no 1st Gen on .45 ... they started at the 2nd gen). My first semi. A lot of hand gun.

Nice... :thumbsup: I had a Glock 37 .45GAP back in the early summer I bought from a guy at work that needed some cash.It was wicked,but the Ammo was to high.My daughter liked shooting it,but I traded it for a couple of shotguns.

I still want a G19..
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

If the Glock fits your hand, then rock that bad boy! I am a 1911 man. Enjoy it!
A J

Post by A J »

When I served in Iraq, I carried a Beretta M9 and was happy with it. People who had a choice (Dept. of State, Special Forces, Contractors, Iraqi Officers, etc...) all loved the Glock 19. Honestly, I've only fired a Glock once or twice. Nice guns, but the lack of an external safety (other than the trigger contraption) always bothered me on what is essentially a carry gun. My brother is a huge Glock fan but spent much of his adult life saying how bad they are. Now he's part of the problem! :)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

The down side of the Glock for me has always been the grip. I made it worse with a Houge grip over the top (see photo above). It now has no Houge grip on it, but it is still kind of large even for my large hands. I prefer a smaller grip. Sure is nice to fire though. And the fact you can't make it not fire (hardly).

It carries a full mag of Glazer rounds in it, and it in a digital safe next to my bed.

Dolk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I don't own a glock because I have never bought one, but every Glock I have ever handled was a fine shooting machine. Congrats on a nice pistol Drew
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

While the Glock is a very good firearm, I'm not crazy about them if only for the fact that the grips aren't comfortable for me. I love my Sig Sauer P229.
The only thing that I'd change on it is the sights. I'd like adjustable sights. I do have a Blackhawk and a Colt Trooper in .357.
If it fits you well, enjoy it for a long time! Have fun! :2cents:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

One of the nice things about them is they all break down the same way and they are pretty much idiot proof. I work with quite a few people that are not "gun people" but are still required to carry one. They only go back together one way and they are easy to clean and maintain. :2cents:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Ironnewt wrote:One of the nice things about them is they all break down the same way and they are pretty much idiot proof. I work with quite a few people that are not "gun people" but are still required to carry one. They only go back together one way and they are easy to clean and maintain. :2cents:
Those requirements scare me. :beek:
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I'd like to have a 1911 but they are so $ that you can get two nice LEO trade in Glocks for the price of one 1911. My thinking on Glocks is if a huge % of LEO trust their lives to them I can too. :thumbsup:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
finloq

Post by finloq »

JoeR wrote:I'd like to have a 1911 but they are so $ that you can get two nice LEO trade in Glocks for the price of one 1911. My thinking on Glocks is if a huge % of LEO trust their lives to them I can too. :thumbsup:
A question: How much choice in equipment does the average LEO have.? I was talking with a cop yesterday about his duty vest. He told me that he has absolute choice on 2 pieces of equipment. The rest is department issue.

The 2 pieces: socks and underwear.

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
finloq

Post by finloq »

finloq wrote:
JoeR wrote:I'd like to have a 1911 but they are so $ that you can get two nice LEO trade in Glocks for the price of one 1911. My thinking on Glocks is if a huge % of LEO trust their lives to them I can too. :thumbsup:
A question: How much choice in equipment does the average LEO have.? I was talking with a cop yesterday about his duty vest. He told me that he has absolute choice on 2 pieces of equipment. The rest is department issue.

The 2 pieces: socks and underwear.

Maybe I'm shallow, but I can't get over the ugly Glock. If I ever get the desire for a polymer 9mm, I'll probably buy a Walther P99. I love my first generation P22.

jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

I went with a Beretta Px4 Storm compact, but am definitely drooling over a Walther P99.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

I think the preference for Glocks is based on copy cat behavior and cool appearance.

I have a distinct hesitation about carrying a loaded striker fired pistol that has no safety blocking the firing action.

Looking at all the negligent discharge reports, it appears that the majority of them are with striker fired semi-autos, Glocks or copies of the Glock design. Complacency makes carrying one very dangerous.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

JoeR wrote:I'd like to have a 1911 but they are so $ that you can get two nice LEO trade in Glocks for the price of one 1911. My thinking on Glocks is if a huge % of LEO trust their lives to them I can too. [emoji106]
Id take one 1911 to two Glocks every single day. And you can get a proper 1911 for the same price as an LEO turn in Glock so...
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Ironnewt wrote:One of the nice things about them is they all break down the same way and they are pretty much idiot proof. I work with quite a few people that are not "gun people" but are still required to carry one. They only go back together one way and they are easy to clean and maintain. :2cents:
How are they idiot proof when you have to pull the trigger to remove the slide? So many stories of people shooting themselves clearing their Glocks for cleaning.