Three clean M44s

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
pascucci

Three clean M44s

Post by pascucci »

I've posted these separately on a few occasions, but I figured they belong in a thread together. I was able to find an all matching example of each Eastern European M44 for $179 each a few years back and got them when I graduated from highschool. I still consider them to be among my favorites. They are some of the nicest I have seen for each nation, with nice Hungarian and Romanian examples drying up and Polish M44s going through the roof. I've been posting a lot of well used guns, so I decided I'd start the new year with some guns in closer to new condition.

Romanian, all matching and nearly pristine, but with flaking shellac:

Hungarian, as nice as many unissued Poles, odd for a Hungarian, also matching:

Polish, unissued with matching numbers:

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Three clean M44s

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Very nice indeed. :thumbsup:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Very nice trio of M44's!!! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very Nice :thumbsup: Hard to come by matching and pristine examples of those EEURO M-44's. That was one of my early goals too. Now you need to find a pristine T-53 (not an easy task but can be done in time) and for good measure a 1-TRZ. There are also M-44's in pristine and new Czech stocks that are out there. I know, the 1-TRZ and the Czech stocked M-44's are technically Russian but nice to have examples. Mosinitis carbinitis lives here... :roll:
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Nice!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have 1 M44 and 2 T53's they are addictive

I really like your Polish :Drool1: :Drool1:
JER

Post by JER »

Really nice spread across the board on those M44's. I like the reaction I get firing them on an overcast/cloudy day at the range... the AR guys marvel at the fireball that lights up my stall AND theirs... ;^)
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Nice bunch of m44s. I really like shooting the carbines. Fun weapons for sure. I had my brother over to the house a few weeks ago and I had to show him the fireball produced by the m44. He was impressed to say the least. You cant go wrong with a reasonably priced m44.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I'm a sucker for the East European examples... Especially the Romanians. Very nice! :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Very nice carbines OP! Lots of nice ones in this thread.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated