Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Judi and her Mosins

Re: Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Where is my mentor and sweet heart Miller Tyme, Walt....Image I been looking at your showcases... :Drool1: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

many years ago I could eat five big mac's at one sitting, that's nothing as I have a friend who could eat 13. He did it once to prove he could and 13 is were he stopped. Someone handed him a 5th of jack to settle his stomach, one pull, he leaned over and puked all over the front seat of his '73 Plymouth, then passed out. I would buy a sack of 20, eat two right away, then keep the rest in the icebox for no more than two days. Trick was to take out the meat, heat just that, then put it back and it was good to go. Freezing didn't work as then the salad part got nasty.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The whole situation sounds nasty if you ask me!
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:many years ago I could eat five big mac's at one sitting, that's nothing as I have a friend who could eat 13. He did it once to prove he could and 13 is were he stopped. Someone handed him a 5th of jack to settle his stomach, one pull, he leaned over and puked all over the front seat of his '73 Plymouth, then passed out. I would buy a sack of 20, eat two right away, then keep the rest in the icebox for no more than two days. Trick was to take out the meat, heat just that, then put it back and it was good to go. Freezing didn't work as then the salad part got nasty.
JYD--is it just me or was Big Mac's bigger back in the 70's and early 80's than they are now or has my appitite just got bigger?

The most I ever eat was 3 Big Mac's and a 20 piece Chicken McNuggets and a large Fry back in 1986 when I was in college back in 1986.

You friend needs to do some of that competitive eating 13 is pretty Unreal.. :big shock: that was like 4 pounds of meat not including all the other stuff..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think they were bigger back then. Like everything else, they shrink it and think we don't notice. My friend just ate a pound and a half of steak, heap of fries, and then went for seconds, yea, he can eat. More than I can put away these days.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Welcome back Judi! That snow you saw on TV was in my home town. 6+ feet, yes I said feet :beek: in some areas... about 5 miles south of my house. Me? I got about 8 inches of snow. :vcool:

2014 was a slow year of collecting for me. Only picked up 3 Mosins, the coolest being the 1954 Hungarian M52. :D

Interesting life you lead out there in the wild blue yonder. Glad to hear you're retiring so you can collect Mosins full time now... wait, actually that might not be good for me if you buy one I wanted! :lol:
snow2.jpg
snow wall.jpg
full.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

MarksmanTim wrote:Welcome back Judi! That snow you saw on TV was in my home town. 6+ feet, yes I said feet :beek: in some areas... about 5 miles south of my house. Me? I got about 8 inches of snow. :vcool:

2014 was a slow year of collecting for me. Only picked up 3 Mosins, the coolest being the 1954 Hungarian M52. :D

Interesting life you lead out there in the wild blue yonder. Glad to hear you're retiring so you can collect Mosins full time now... wait, actually that might not be good for me if you buy one I wanted! :lol:
snow2.jpg
snow wall.jpg
full.jpg

:soapbox:
Wow :beek: thats heck of a snow storm, Nice looking sniper there :thumbsup: . JYD...you can take a example from the clean garage, clutter off to the side ...See some memebers know how to get on Judis good side... :brolleyes: ...Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Scrap is our business, so when we have piles of junk sitting around in apparent disorder what you are seeing is just the stock in trade of the business, not a mess :biggrin: If I opened the garage door and saw snow like that I would then close the door, go back to bed and stay there :shock:
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I ain't Fallin for it. A clean garage is a sure sign of a photo shopped picture. Deceitful I tell ya!