Spee-D-Loader

Rim Fire Firearms
MN Fan

Spee-D-Loader

Post by MN Fan »

I am busy spending all my daughter's Christmas money. Anyone ever use one of these? I haven't seen one in person yet, but I am thinking they have the ammo loaded "backwards" in the photo. I may go pick one up tomorrow if they look like they'd work. They're only $20.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Re: Spee-D-Loader

Post by websterz »

Yep, ammo is in bass-ackwards. I used to make my own speed loaders from aluminum arrow shafts. I cross drilled a hole through the shaft about a half inch from the end and put a bobby pin thru the hole to hold in the rounds. I could slip the end into the magazine tube, pull the pin, and drop 15 rounds into the tube in about half a second. :D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Hmm, that's a good idea :)

I will give this thing a shot and see what happens. I sort of like your idea though since the carbine is only 8 rounds. I give you props for creativity :)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

They are not backwards for a tube feed gun that loads through the stock like my Remington Nylon 66. Can the loader be used either way?
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Good point, that's how my Westernfield is too, I didn't think about that. I assume it works either way, its similar to websterz idea of arrow shafts, except they are all banded together like a gatling gun :) I think they are just hollow tubes so it should work either direction.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The question I would have is why? Is it so slow to load a tube mag from the box? :lol: I have seen these loaders but never used one.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I agree, its sort of a novelty. But, this way when I am home watching TV, I can play with something :) Then, when at the range, I can dump, shoot, dump, shoot. Plus, if that damn ground hog ever comes back, I will be READY!! :mrgreen:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:They are not backwards for a tube feed gun that loads through the stock like my Remington Nylon 66. Can the loader be used either way?
What he said. /\ Oh and I just read some reviews on this and it appears it can be used to load any type of tube fed .22LR/L/S, 22Mag and .17HMR rifle. Which means the shells can go into it either way and it will work.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I forgot about this thread :oops:

I went out to Cabela's and finally found them after scouring the whole store. They are in a black tube with the ends stapled shut and you can't actually see the product. I talked myself out of buying one for now at least. There's too many other cool things I need first :)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have a Cabelas gift card for 25 bucks. I have not gone to redeem it yet because I will likely add another hundred or two at least. I might just get one of these. I have several tube feed rifles. Heck loading them and taking my time is what I enjoy, so maybe not.