New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
knucklebucket

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by knucklebucket »

Good evening folks, name is Tom glad to be here, bought my first Mosin Nagant today, its an Izhevsk 1937 been wanting one for a long time bought it for myself for christmas lol. anyway, can't wait to read and see how to make this baby shoot good, look good and feel good. hope to learn alot here.
1939 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
1944 Lee Enfield .303
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wwron wrote:Greetings one and all,

Hope to get a M44 soon. Lots of great information here,thanks.

Being far away from gun stores will have to buy rifle online. Looking for good dealer or web site to deal with.

Thanks in advance

WWR :biggrin:
Welcome to the board, you could try one of the vendors who advertise at the top of the page, some of them have Mosins, and other milsurps.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Gallager wrote:Hello together.
I'm a new member. Some days ago I got my first Nagant.
Now I'm reading this interesting forum looking for tips and ideas.
Please tell me how to upload one or two pics.

Greetings Gunter
Welcome to the board Gunter, size the pics down to 640x480 before you load them onto the board and they should load up OK. You can link from a photo hosting site, or use the Upload attachment button that is under the forum reply box
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

redcattle wrote:Hello to all. My name is Johnny (redcattle). My collecting interest are Finnish m28/30 & m39. I am also a threat to buy any Russian SKS in good shape as well as m44 nagant carbine(Polish, Romanian , Hungarian, Russian). Glad to be a part of the forum.
Welcome to the board Johnny :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

knucklebucket wrote:Good evening folks, name is Tom glad to be here, bought my first Mosin Nagant today, its an Izhevsk 1937 been wanting one for a long time bought it for myself for christmas lol. anyway, can't wait to read and see how to make this baby shoot good, look good and feel good. hope to learn alot here.
Welcome to the board Tom :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
v4rob

Post by v4rob »

Hello all, I'm Rob. I just bought a 1929 Izhevsk hex. Fun to shoot so far. All parts matching but the bayonet. Hoping to find matching one somehow.
VA 205

Post by VA 205 »

Hi this is my first post and hoping its not my last. I have looked everywhere for a artic bertch stock thats identical to my Mosin Nagant, but one thats new. I have a Tula Arms Mosin that was made in 1940, and its in great condition. I just want a new stock to put on it so i can take its original one and put it in an air tight bag and put that in my safe so i can preserve it. My plan is to get a new stock so i can stain it if its not already, then when its time to put the gun up permanently i will put its original stock back on and put it up. I know ai just went way off topic and i apologize. I am just asking if any one knows someone who makes wooden stocks that are identical to the original stock.
Thank you
Larry H
ElCid79

Post by ElCid79 »

Hello,

New to the member. I just got a 1944 91/30. Can't wait to pick your brains about it!
ElCid79

Post by ElCid79 »

Test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silo123

Post by silo123 »

Thanks for having me!
Silas
MosinTom

Post by MosinTom »

Hello.

I have been a Mosin Nagant fan since I was a kid. My dad had a MINT 1917 Remington M91. That gun is long gone (but I will lament that from time-to-time in future posts) but I have carried on since 2008 when I got my M44. I like the fact that this is a preservation group, I hate to see any old milsurp altered.

tom
rkeyjr

Post by rkeyjr »

I want to put the archangel stock on my M39 or M38. I also have a brass tacker anchorpoint scope mount which utilized the recoil lug bolt access to lock up the rear of the mount. The archangel seems to require drilling out the recoil lug access holes. The front of the mount accesses the rear sight pivot pin recess. Has anyone done this or can anyone offer any installation tips?
ndnpony

Post by ndnpony »

I typically shy away from forums because they can get out of hand at times. But I am glad I joined this one because I have fallen in love with Mosin Nagants. I admit that Hickok45 YouTube videos on the Mosins got me interested. I purchased one and the second I pulled it from the box I was HOOKED! Completely caked in cosmo it was still so beautiful! The markings indicate 1943 Izhevsk with all matching serial numbers! I have been reading as much and as often as time allows. Needless to say most of the reading has resulted in more questions. I will be posting pictures and asking those questions in the next few days!
Thanks for bringing me aboard!
MatthewSouth

Post by MatthewSouth »

Hello! My name is Matt, I am relatively new to the gun world. I ave a post on an FR-8 that I could really use some input. Please check out 'Bubba's Fr-8' and provide some feedback if you can!
tapoli

Post by tapoli »

Hi Everyone...I'm Tapoli I joined the forum to read up on the Mosin Nagant rifles. I don't own one at the moment but soon enough. I cant decide between the M44 or the 1891. Eventually I'll own both of them, just cant spring for both of them now. Anyway I'm glad to be here. Thanks all.
Giddaltti

Post by Giddaltti »

Greetings and Salutations Friends,

I'm Joel from S.A TX & the great state of IN. Just purchased my first 91/30 for my son and I. My son took to it like it was a gem, so I had to go out and buy another one. I stood in line patiently, as it passed hands from one customer to another, and finally found it's way to two young men contemplating the purchase. I was 5th in line. It was like a game of cards, waiting for the other's to fold. The young men, unknowingly passed on the hex. I was next, I looked it over and said, "I'll take it!" I know only basic info, however, I knew this one would be mine. I love shooting and reloading. I first shot a Mosin early this year when a friend of my daughter's purchased one and had no clue what it was. I must say it was a very accurate rifle and I fell for it. It's taken all year to find some locally available. I hope to clean them up and simply enjoy the pure ingenuity and design of these rifles. Hope to read and learn more about the symbols, finish, and just Mosin History.

Cheers!
Giddaltti

Post by Giddaltti »

Hello Everyone!

I'm Joel, I'm new to the 91/30, after shooting one early this year, I just found some. I purchased one for my son and I and he quickly fell in love with it. I figured I'd go and get another one. While shopping for my 2nd 91/30, one was being passed around and I was 5th in line. After a couple of young men looked it over, they decided they would wait and come back during the week. Little did everyone know they were holding a hex receiver. I came next, I checked for numbers, and said, "l'll take it!" Well here I am now, can't seem to get enough of this little common gem. As my son said, there may be a million, however, this one is mine! I love to shoot, reload and hope to pick up some history about the rifle, stock, symbols or whatever I come across.

Cheers.
Yank12

Post by Yank12 »

Hey everyone,

I have been the proud parent of a 1933 Tula for several years now and often lurk around these forums to find out more about my rifle. This may sound ridiculous but I rarely shoot her. She goes from a foam lined case to a soft blanket to get cleaned about once every 2 months then right back in the box.

Anyways, I went to the gunstore today hoping to find a more modern bolt action, to shoot for fun at a friend's farm, and after wandering around the place for 3 hours (Its HUGE!) I found a pair of Mosin Nagants. After promptly convincing myself that one is enough I walked away. I lost track of what happened after that, but awoke again on the ride home and it was in the back seat!

The rifle doesn't quite add up to me though and I cant tell if it's been bubba'd or not.... So I figured rather then sneaking around in the shadows reading all of your posts, I'll join and ask.

Cheers,
Yank
chcusnr

Post by chcusnr »

Hi I'm here.
96fordsix

Post by 96fordsix »

Greetings ;mywink; Just got a M91/30 and wanted to learn more about it. Afraid to chat about it on the other forums I'm on, as I am also a Taurus owner. Nice to be around like minded people. I hope i get to shoot it next week.