7.62x25 ammo find

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
walnut red

7.62x25 ammo find

Post by walnut red »

So I slipped off to the range for a while today and among other items was shooting my Romanian TT. The guy next to me noticed the pistol and when I was done shooting mentioned he used to own a CZ52 but sold it. He had some ammo left and wondered if I would be interested. i'm always interested if the price is right so we agreed on a place to meet. He showed up with 6 ea, 72 round boxes he thought was Czechoslovakian surplus, 8 each 50 round boxes he thought was Spanish and 5 ea 50 round boxes of commercial hollow point. I ended up paying $200 for the lot which seems like a lot when you remember prices from 4 years ago but I thought was a very good price on todays market. The stuff he thought was Spanish is brass cased hollow points in a blue and white box marked FOM, Muncoes de Armas Ligeiras, made for FNM. the warnings on the back look to be in Spanish and English. That ring a bell with anyone?

Guess I should have googled it first. The FOM stuff is Portuguese, not Spanish.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 7.62x25 ammo find

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good deal :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Very nice score :thumbsup: can't find any 7.62x25 around here, I've been shooting 7.63 mauser in my Yugo M57 Tok. Not as hot the 7.62 but it works just fine.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Everything I've found online seems to run about .50 a shot so I was happy to find this lot. Especially since half looks to be reloadable.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

walnut red wrote:Everything I've found online seems to run about .50 a shot so I was happy to find this lot. Especially since half looks to be reloadable.
Most surplus is Berdan primed, so it makes it tough, if not impossible to reload. It is hard to find surplus anymore. I have some 1950's Bulgarian, some Hungarian, and a mix of Sellier & Bellot/Privi-Partizan commercial ammo. Good find at a reasonable price.
IJDM

Post by IJDM »

Sgammo has PPU for 165 for 500rd case, .34 each. Just ordered two.