New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MSGSoF

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by MSGSoF »

I am just new to C&R collecting, I have been looking for forums that dealt with the models of rifles and/or pistols of interest to me(this seems that it will really help me). I am looking to find the guidance in what to look for in these guns as not to waste my time in just buying one just to say I own one. I have some knowledge of fire arms, but would the first to ask for help. I have always felt that their is always more to learn.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

phatdaddynxn wrote:Just got into this whole mos in addiction. Started with a t53 and then onto a m91/30. Was part of another group but all they did was talk mods, I'm more into the history of these so I did of really enjoy that to much.
Welcome to the board , we do not do mods here so if you see such here you will not see it for long :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

stickman61 wrote:I'm just getting started with Mosins. I have 2 M44s and an M27 but looking to expand. Im sure you guys will be a bad influence. LOL
Hickory NC here.
Bad influence :twisted: ??? Us :twisted: ??? Of course not, it's perfectly normal for everyone to own at least 100 Mosins, now if we were trying to get you to buy more than 500 then maybe that's slightly excessive :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ghostmedic44 wrote:New to the forum. I currently own a 1943 91/30 Izhevsh hardwood stock, 1942 91/30 Izhevsh hardwood stock, 1940 91/30 Tula laminate stock, 1933 hex 91/30 Izhevsh hardwood stock, 1932 hex 91/30 Tula hardwood stock and a pristine 1952 polish m44 hardwood. I'm pretty sure I already have a problem.
What problem? I only count six Mosins, when it's six hundred then maybe you have a slight fixation with the Mosin rifles :chuckles: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MSGSoF wrote:I am just new to C&R collecting, I have been looking for forums that dealt with the models of rifles and/or pistols of interest to me(this seems that it will really help me). I am looking to find the guidance in what to look for in these guns as not to waste my time in just buying one just to say I own one. I have some knowledge of fire arms, but would the first to ask for help. I have always felt that their is always more to learn.
Anything we can do to help short of providing financing for your collection just ask , and welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Stonecoldv

Post by Stonecoldv »

Hi I'm Kelly a new member to the forum. I own an Mosin m1907 with a sporterised stock.
Henryjw1

Post by Henryjw1 »

I'm John. From Houston I have several ComBlock rifles. Russian, Czech, Chinese, Yugo, and Romanian. All semi autos, but no Mosin. I just ordered a M44 last week. I hope to receive it next week. By everything I have read. I should enjoy it.
NAVYVET AD19

Post by NAVYVET AD19 »

Hi, I am from Johnstown, PA. Really feel in love with Mosin Nagants a few years ago and trying to find a few before their all gone. Glad to be on your forum!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Stonecoldv wrote:Hi I'm Kelly a new member to the forum. I own an Mosin m1907 with a sporterised stock.
M 1907 carbine?? Nice, we will need detailed pictures as these are very rare. Welcome to the board.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Henryjw1 wrote:I'm John. From Houston I have several ComBlock rifles. Russian, Czech, Chinese, Yugo, and Romanian. All semi autos, but no Mosin. I just ordered a M44 last week. I hope to receive it next week. By everything I have read. I should enjoy it.
Welcome to the board John :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Fatherraven

Post by Fatherraven »

Hi folks glad to be here
SKhiSm 59-66

Post by SKhiSm 59-66 »

Hi all,
Dan here, a really funny thing happened on my way here to make my first post I spotted this thread called Hitler rants about Mosin Nagants. Well I couldn't pass by that had to watch it NOW and got a great laugh. What a great way to start.

I'm presently waiting on my first Mosin, coming from SOG and expecting my FFL will call tomorrow and I can go get it. It will be a straight-bolt '39 Tula and I'm really stoked about getting it, so I will get back on the boards about that when I have it. For now, I'm gonna lurk around and look at some pics I couldn't see in my pre-registry lurking days. I may have to go right back and watch Hitler again that was good stuff. I'm out, see ya when I have a rifle to talk about.
"And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller"
Sully

Post by Sully »

Hello every one. I'm new and own two Mosins. A M-44 and today a 91/30.
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

Welcome Sully!!! =)
The 8
CJZKU93

Post by CJZKU93 »

Greeting everyone. I bought my first Mosin Nagant 91/30 from a big box store a couple of weeks ago. I got a 1942 Izhevso that is an ex-sniper. All the serial numbers are stamped and match when it was refurbished. I have enjoyed researching all the proof marks and learning about the rifle. I'm getting the impression that I`ve caught the bug, every time I see another Mosin I start looking it over trying to figure it out. Though I might have a different bug because I picked up a Czech VZ24 in Sept so I'm also looking through the Mausers. I`ll probably wake up some time and hear some long forgot battle being played out in my vault between old bitter enemies.
RevMBR

Post by RevMBR »

Greetings from central Delaware. RevMBR here, bought my 91/30 a month ago and came by this forum by accident. Doubt my SS will allow a bunch of milsurps but I enjoy what I have. Looking forward to what everyone has to say. Wish another forum I peruse had the same rules - some of those guys shouldn't be allowed within 1000 feet of a gun with their mouth and attitudes. Anyhow, Merry Christmas and Happy, Safe New Year.
WisCafe

First Mosin after a long time thinking

Post by WisCafe »

Hello, I am Andy,

Tuesday, I finally pulled the trigger, I know bad pun, and got a Mosin after thinking about since 09. I was originally thinking a cool cheap deer gun. So I went to Fleet Farm and for $139 they had about a half dozen to choose from. I checked the actions and the bores on each of them and and selected which I thought to be the best condition. After making my selection the clerk comments on the brass endcaps on the hand guards and how they do not get a lot of those ones in.
So originally I wanted to put on a scope and put it in a sporterized stock but now with the brass cool factor I may just leave this one alone and enjoy it as is.
Well maybe a scout scope as that is reversible. :biggrin:

Andy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Fatherraven wrote:Hi folks glad to be here
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SKhiSm 59-66 wrote:Hi all,
Dan here, a really funny thing happened on my way here to make my first post I spotted this thread called Hitler rants about Mosin Nagants. Well I couldn't pass by that had to watch it NOW and got a great laugh. What a great way to start.

I'm presently waiting on my first Mosin, coming from SOG and expecting my FFL will call tomorrow and I can go get it. It will be a straight-bolt '39 Tula and I'm really stoked about getting it, so I will get back on the boards about that when I have it. For now, I'm gonna lurk around and look at some pics I couldn't see in my pre-registry lurking days. I may have to go right back and watch Hitler again that was good stuff. I'm out, see ya when I have a rifle to talk about.
Welcome to the board Dan, good luck with the first, one leads to two, two leads to four, four to 300, and so on :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sully wrote:Hello every one. I'm new and own two Mosins. A M-44 and today a 91/30.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt