New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jdsonice wrote:Hi,

New member here. Jack D.

I own one Mosin 91/30 and got about 6 months ago. Love the gun. It is my only bolt action rifle.

Thanks

Jack
Welcome to the board Jack :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tommyd123 wrote:Hey guys I'm new. .. please forgive my mistakes. I'm a new mn 91/30 owner. Love this thing. I want more
Welcome to the board. :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

praetorianseven wrote:Good afternoon. This is my first post and you should understand that I am seriously addicted to Mosin Nagant rifles and ALL their variants. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SgtSandman228 wrote:Howdy everyone. Actually looking at a nice 1940 Tula to purchase in the next few days and hopefully I'll be part of the ranks soon enough. Actually why I joined: had some markings on the receiver and had trouble finding the meaning. It's supposed to be a sniper, but the markings were not the usual "CN" mark typical of Tula snipers. Picture is attached if anyone here can help. Thanks!
Welcome to the board, first off that is a Izhevsk, not a Tula, it should have another serial number on the left side of the barrel shank by the woodline. Only Tula used the CH marking.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tamera wrote:
neal45 wrote:I'm Neal aka nwellons. I was a member of the old forum and am glad to be back. Dolk has done a great job.

I've been collecting for about 4 years and have some interesting ones. Looking forward to being here.
I am new, too, to this site. They made me quit shooting my mosin nagant 91/30 tonight at the indoor range so I'm hoping to find out where to buy ammo I can shoot during the week at the range...

I look forward to any info anyone is willing to share.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SgtSandman228 wrote:
SgtSandman228 wrote:Howdy everyone. Actually looking at a nice 1940 Tula to purchase in the next few days and hopefully I'll be part of the ranks soon enough. Actually why I joined: had some markings on the receiver and had trouble finding the meaning. It's supposed to be a sniper, but the markings were not the usual "CN" mark typical of Tula snipers. Picture is attached if anyone here can help. Thanks!
Did a bunch more research, found out that it's actually a Izhevsk mosin. Given that the confirmation that it is a sniper on Izhevsk mosins is a serial stamp on the left side of the bore that matches the scope serial, I will have to inspect this rifle again.
I can't quite make out the date, 1942-and up? Below that date and it's not a PU original sniper, they started PU's in '42. This is an area of Mosin collecting were fakes abound, buyer beware, read all the sniper posts in the sniper section so you will have a better idea of what you are looking at before buying.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tamera

Post by Tamera »

Hey, my first post. Tried yesterday and failed, try try again.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Tamera wrote:Hey, my first post. Tried yesterday and failed, try try again.
You didn't fail. It just needed to be approved. Your first few posts will be.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
sirheuer

Post by sirheuer »

New to the group as of yesterday. Thanks for the add. Looking for info on milsurps, how and where to buy and what to watch for. So far, my emphasis has been on Mosins. Haha.
Onearm

Post by Onearm »

Hi everyone Im Onearm, (Steve) I have a few weapons which I enjoy . I have anything from pistols to all kinds of shot guns and rifles. Now I have started looking at milsurplus. I have a 91/30 . and a few more. Just wanted to say HELLO
paddywonka

Post by paddywonka »

Greetings. New to this forum, but not to mosin-nagant rifles. Own a Remington 1917, 1939 B barreled Finn, 1959 carbine and a 1925 double SA marked cossak rifle.
Just now starting to learn about these rifles and this forum has taught me most of what I know about them. Paddy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tamera wrote:Hey, my first post. Tried yesterday and failed, try try again.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sirheuer wrote:New to the group as of yesterday. Thanks for the add. Looking for info on milsurps, how and where to buy and what to watch for. So far, my emphasis has been on Mosins. Haha.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Onearm wrote:Hi everyone Im Onearm, (Steve) I have a few weapons which I enjoy . I have anything from pistols to all kinds of shot guns and rifles. Now I have started looking at milsurplus. I have a 91/30 . and a few more. Just wanted to say HELLO
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

paddywonka wrote:Greetings. New to this forum, but not to mosin-nagant rifles. Own a Remington 1917, 1939 B barreled Finn, 1959 carbine and a 1925 double SA marked cossak rifle.
Just now starting to learn about these rifles and this forum has taught me most of what I know about them. Paddy
Welcome to the board, nice collection so far :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
longrangedog

Post by longrangedog »

hello i'm lrd i do not own a mosin YET which is why i'm here to figure out which to start with and find out the history of this weapon, i have or have had ak47's &74's,sks's,7.7 and 6.5 arisaka's as well as german 98's and about all USA ww2 rifles,except full auto's (unfortunately) so i say again hello
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Greetings,

I was here back in the 90's, I believe as AKMike, but not sure now, like M91's, thinking of trying to get an example from all 8 factories, but maybe not, as some are quite pricy now,
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

longrangedog wrote:hello i'm lrd i do not own a mosin YET which is why i'm here to figure out which to start with and find out the history of this weapon, i have or have had ak47's &74's,sks's,7.7 and 6.5 arisaka's as well as german 98's and about all USA ww2 rifles,except full auto's (unfortunately) so i say again hello
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mikey wrote:Greetings,

I was here back in the 90's, I believe as AKMike, but not sure now, like M91's, thinking of trying to get an example from all 8 factories, but maybe not, as some are quite pricy now,
If memory serves Bob Wheeler started the old board back in '01, this board took over in 2011. Welcome to the board, maybe again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
murray1246

Post by murray1246 »

Just joined. Got my first Mosin Nagant Rifle today. Know very little about it.