Cap and ball impulse buy

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
Misfit

Re: Cap and ball impulse buy

Post by Misfit »

Only shot her 7 times today before my wife wanted to go home. Really seemed to be a winner. Got all shots on paper at 25 yards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are a time tested and war tested design :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I forgot I had this. Millman shooting my Colt 44 replica On a trip I made to Ole' Kentucky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Wow, look at all that great smoke, right when I have been watching the entire third season of Hell on Wheels. I remember a old friend that I have lost track of that was from Kentucky, and I have often thought that if I was ever to relocate that Kentucky would be a fine place to live. I still woud like to make the annual millman firearm shoot one of these years.
Dahonis

Post by Dahonis »

I just had to buy one as my first gun purchase....and one of the only few revolvers you can own in the UK.

.....I need to move over the water :pointleft:
A man spends the first half of his life learning habits that shorten the other half of his life
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

So it's been a few months and it's really made me get the black powder bug. Took part in a flint lock woods walk two weeks ago and now I've gone and gotten a Isaac haines .54 cal lancaster rifle kit
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I was poking around on a Facebook local gun group the other day and a guy was selling a full jar of the Pyrodex 30 gr pellets, 2 tins of percussion caps, and a full box of Speer .454 round balls all for 20 bucks. I jumped right on it. I like finding these little deals like this.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

First of all, it is not an "impulse buy." It is taking advantage of a unique opportunity at an opportune time.

Those look like fun. I bought a .50 caliber long-smoker, taking advantage of a unique opportunity, a year or so ago, and have not got around to buying the necessary components to using it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I found a nice Italian made Hawken .50 rifle at the flea market back in September in unfired condition. I did a bundle deal on that one with some other goodies, one of the other goodies turned out to be so good a deal that I basically got the Hawken for free. Heavy barrel, set triggers, real nice. I haven't had time to shoot it yet.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I still need to shoot my TC Hawken too. It is the one that had a long eye relief scope on it when I got it. I took the scope and mounts off, and bought a musket nipple and some musket caps and am ready for shooting.
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

I think we should do a rmnf black powder shoot. I now have a trade pending for a Chinese SKS I bought dirt cheap missing parts for two cap lock rifles. Ones a cva the other is a pedersoli
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Misfit wrote:So here I am watching youtube and in the suggested video links is a channel called cap and ball. I have seen some of his videos before and really find him interesting to watch. After watching a few of his videos I decide to check out prices on cap and ball revolvers. I find out cabellas is having a sale this weekend. Sure enough I find a Pietta 1858 new army revolver for 220 shipped to my door. So what do I do? I buy it of course. Now this makes for my second bp gun although my werndel will not be shot. Looks like I need to now get my some accessories to be able to take it to the range this week.

I am glad to know that there is other people that do the same things I do..

You tube is a dangerous thing when you are itching to buy something you don't need :mrgreen:

Everytime I watch a JYD video I have to buy a Mosin!!
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

I'm always itching to buy stuff I don't need
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If you didn't need it you wouldn't buy it therefore you needed it and just hadn't realized it .
Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:If you didn't need it you wouldn't buy it therefore you needed it and just hadn't realized it .
Dang,now that is some serious Zen Philosophy..

I did not know you were a Buddist,Jyd.. :biggrin:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I watch Steven Segal's movies. :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

When will I realize that I need half of the stuff I buy then
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

I fell victim to the same ploy this weekend. By wife wanted to stop at Cabelas to shop for a hat. While I was wondering around I saw the 58 Remingtons with two cylinders on sale for $229. I mention it to my wife and she comments that she always had a soft spot for long barrel revolvers, rummages around in her purse and comes up with a coupon for $40 any purchase over $200. While she goes back hat shopping I take the coupon to the clerk and on the counter notice Cabelas give a 5% discount to veterans. By the time they add up the discounts and my club points it brought the price to around $150 with tax. After getting home and digging through my bullet mold drawer I found a .454 RB mold and cast up a couple hundred bullets. Didn't have time to shoot yet this weekend though. And for those of you on the edge of your seat in suspense, no, she did not find a hat she liked.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Misfit wrote:When will I realize that I need half of the stuff I buy then
Any guns/ammo that you feel you don't need you can just package up and send to me :devil2:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

walnut red wrote:I fell victim to the same ploy this weekend. By wife wanted to stop at Cabelas to shop for a hat. While I was wondering around I saw the 58 Remingtons with two cylinders on sale for $229. I mention it to my wife and she comments that she always had a soft spot for long barrel revolvers, rummages around in her purse and comes up with a coupon for $40 any purchase over $200. While she goes back hat shopping I take the coupon to the clerk and on the counter notice Cabelas give a 5% discount to veterans. By the time they add up the discounts and my club points it brought the price to around $150 with tax. After getting home and digging through my bullet mold drawer I found a .454 RB mold and cast up a couple hundred bullets. Didn't have time to shoot yet this weekend though. And for those of you on the edge of your seat in suspense, no, she did not find a hat she liked.
Excellent deal, the Pietta Remington's are nice revolvers, I have thousands of rounds down the pipes of my Piettas and Uberti revolvers

Theodore Roosevelt