Romanian m1969 bolt action trainer

Rim Fire Firearms
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Romanian m1969 bolt action trainer

Post by bunkysdad »

These 22 rifles have the feel of a Mauser and a similar appearance. I wish I could find original mags for this rifle, but every 5 round mag I have ever seen both with rifles and for sale are reproductions made in Taiwan. I really am happy with this one, and bought it from Pat Burns when she listed it on Gunbroker a few years ago.ImageImage
redspoon

Re: Romanian m1969 bolt action trainer

Post by redspoon »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: I like it.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Mine has original mag, plus cleaning kit, cleaning rod, etc. Second rifle I ever owned. Purchased it from Aimsurplus. Some people look down on these a little. but I really like mine.
Have fun with yours.
Cat
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

That is very nice! You know I thought I could help you out as I've seen PB's Romanian M1969 page on eBay where she sells magazines but alas, those are stamped "Taiwan". How does she shoot?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It shoots great, and the reason it feels so good to me is the full size reach on the butt stock, but mine doesn't feed as well as it should and I am sure it needs some tweaking on the magazine. Catcracker, how does the original mag feed?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I got my trainor in a swap deal for some motorcycle parts back in 1996. I have an original extra magazine I bought online around the same time. These shoot very well.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I love those old .22 rifles. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

bunkysdad wrote:It shoots great, and the reason it feels so good to me is the full size reach on the butt stock, but mine doesn't feed as well as it should and I am sure it needs some tweaking on the magazine. Catcracker, how does the original mag feed?
Very accurate. I usually have a feed problem on the 5th round. I figured it could be a weak spring in the magazine. I have never really had the time to investigate. That is why I have been looking, and holding out for another original spare mag. I may have to settle for an aftermarket one just to see how it works.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Nice. I have a BRN0 #1 out of Romania.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh yeah, I like that one Erik. I bet it shoots as good as it looks.